Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] cpap problems
cpap problems
Hi everyone, and thank you for letting me join, I have a few things going on, I only found out couple month ago I had apnea, I also have copd and I retain C02, they gave me a night study, also my oxygen levels drop quite low when I sleep, nowvI was told I need oxygen nighttime but because of my C02 retention I would need a bipap machine as seemingly it helps get rid of / C02 ,but my hospital didn't have one so they gave me a clap, I tried for a week until one night I woke up thought I was choking !!! It was very Scarry, I called my Dr. Who sent my respitory nurse round my oxygen levels were in the low 80 s and my blood pressure was 190/110 now I do not suffer with high blood pressure, but was given medication, this is two weeks ago and I am still waiting for the bipap !!! Since my oxygen levels have gone really low 60 - 70 s when at rest woke up last night one time it was 40 !!! I know unbelievable !! I feel its all down to them giving me wrong machine, has anybody else had this sort of experience ??? Sorry for such a long post !!! Any advice will be so grateful thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: cpap problems
Welcome
The reason for the bilevel machine is to provide a wide split between inhalation pressure and exhalation pressure.
This is to treat the CO2 retention.

Supplemental Oxygen will help with oxygen levels.

Where in the world are you that they cannot get you a bilevel machine in less than 2 weeks?

If you're feeling up to it, would you kindly indicate what your present equipment is in your profile.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi carole,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suggest sleeping in what we call a recliner, a kind of chair. Or using a foam wedge to prop your upper body up. Something like this should help you breathe easier. Over on this side of the pond if you even talk like your heart is getting involved they jump very fast indeed.

Also over here if you sit and wait they will take their dear sweet time, push, be nice, but push.

If you know what brand of machine you are going to get, search for COPD settings for it, they publish charts. Of course for me, as usual I am the exact opposite of what the charts say. COPD here also.

For most machines you can get on oximeter attachment for the machine, I might suggest checking that out for your particular needs.

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,841 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,565 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 998 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.