Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP data for provider
CPAP data for provider
Hi everyone.  I am new to CPAP therapy in the last month or so.  I am having trouble getting the data from my machine to my doctor. 

Since I am new, I don't fully understand what's going on here, and my sleep medicine doctor's office (University of Michigan sleep clinic) and my DME  (commercial DME link removed, instead go to Supplier #1) are not doing a stellar job of explaining it or fixing it.  What I have been able to garner from calls to the clinic and the DME is that my doctor needs detailed clinical data from the machine.  In order to do this, the machine serial number needs to be registered with Resmed and associated to my doctor.  Neither the clinic nor the DME are willing or able to register the serial number of my machine with Resmed so that my doctor can download data directly.  Ordinarily I don't think I would miss this function but the clinic is closed now due to the virus.  My only option would be to mail my card in, which would take up to two weeks because they only receive mail there on Mondays.  

I have sent away for a second card so that I can continue to record data while the first one is traversing the USPS and university hospital systems.  But honestly this whole thing seems kind of silly to me.  

What needs to happen here?  The clinic says that the DME usually does this process.  Supplier #1 says that they don't do this process for anyone and they aren't willing to do it for me.  Resmed says one of the other guys needs to do it.  

A few other things I tried:
--copying the entire contents of my card and sending it electronically to the clinic. This doesn't work because when they download data, they have a little machine that they put the card right into (according to them).  But I'm trying to send the data with no card and I guess they don't know what to do with it.  
--sent the summary report generated by Oscar.  But the clinic said this was not the right report.  They are not forthcoming on details about what is missing.
--asked the clinic to send me an example report so that I could give them the same/similar data from Oscar.  But they said any report would have someone else's data in it!!!!!  Or maybe they could redact the personal information, or send me a blank report, or Google an example of a report and send me the link, or describe what they need verbally.  No, none of those can be done. 
--sent the clinic the report that I downloaded from MyAir.  This is not the detailed information that they need.

Now to my questions. 

1.  Does anyone know how to register my machine serial number to my provider?
2.  Does anyone know what is in the detailed clinical report that my provider will use, and how to generate something similar with Oscar?

Thanks, all.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP data for provider
(05-03-2020, 07:02 AM)misterp Wrote: Hi everyone.  I am new to CPAP therapy in the last month or so.  I am having trouble getting the data from my machine to my doctor. 

Since I am new, I don't fully understand what's going on here, and my sleep medicine doctor's office (University of Michigan sleep clinic) and my DME  (Supplier #1) are not doing a stellar job of explaining it or fixing it.  What I have been able to garner from calls to the clinic and the DME is that my doctor needs detailed clinical data from the machine.  In order to do this, the machine serial number needs to be registered with Resmed and associated to my doctor.  Neither the clinic nor the DME are willing or able to register the serial number of my machine with Resmed so that my doctor can download data directly.  Ordinarily I don't think I would miss this function but the clinic is closed now due to the virus.  My only option would be to mail my card in, which would take up to two weeks because they only receive mail there on Mondays.  

I have sent away for a second card so that I can continue to record data while the first one is traversing the USPS and university hospital systems.  But honestly this whole thing seems kind of silly to me.  

What needs to happen here?  The clinic says that the DME usually does this process.  Supplier #1 says that they don't do this process for anyone and they aren't willing to do it for me.  Resmed says one of the other guys needs to do it.  

A few other things I tried:
--copying the entire contents of my card and sending it electronically to the clinic. This doesn't work because when they download data, they have a little machine that they put the card right into (according to them).  But I'm trying to send the data with no card and I guess they don't know what to do with it.  
--sent the summary report generated by Oscar.  But the clinic said this was not the right report.  They are not forthcoming on details about what is missing.
--asked the clinic to send me an example report so that I could give them the same/similar data from Oscar.  But they said any report would have someone else's data in it!!!!!  Or maybe they could redact the personal information, or send me a blank report, or Google an example of a report and send me the link, or describe what they need verbally.  No, none of those can be done. 
--sent the clinic the report that I downloaded from MyAir.  This is not the detailed information that they need.

Now to my questions. 

1.  Does anyone know how to register my machine serial number to my provider?
2.  Does anyone know what is in the detailed clinical report that my provider will use, and how to generate something similar with Oscar?

Thanks, all.

Hi Misterp,
Welcome to the forum - you may find a lot of useful info here.

I just acquired a new Airsense 10 Autoset machine, and went thru registering my machine with the Resmed Myair site.  At this point, I can log into MyAir, as you have indicated you have done, and the DME can also see the MyAir data.  They will monitor this info for compliance, for the next 13 months.  That is all they need or want.

I don't know of any other Resmed-related registration process.   Once the MyAir account is created and active, the built-in cell modem in the Airsense machine sends data every day directly to Resmed, also accessible by the DME.  I have never heard of Doctors/Clinics logging in to Resmed for data (doesn't mean that this doesn't exist). 

A few other observations:
Your clinic is likely using the Resscan software to read your data.  It is a Windows-only application, and I believe it only imports data from an actual SD card.  This clinic doesn't seem to be too savvy with their computers, or they could have copied your electronic image to an SD card and done whatever they needed to do with that.

OSCAR provides (IMHO) much better presentation of the imported data in many ways.  But the OSCAR reports differ in format from the Resscan reports.  The same information should be available either way, they just don't want to look for it.

If this clinic can't provide detailed instructions about the registration procedure they want, I would just do as you are doing:  mail them a copy of the SD card.  I would have several on hand, in case they lose your card, or neglect to return it.

For your own monitoring, you can't do better than OSCAR.  Good luck on your journey.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
misterp, your machine keeps detailed therapy data on an SD card and also trasmits data to medical professionals that can view it on a program called AirView. You use an online Supplier #1, and they do not support producing reports for your doctor. That is part of the additional cost of a brick and mortar DME. You could transmit your data by copying the SD card for your doctor. If you only need to ask therapy questions to optimize your therapy, then download the free OSCAR program and post some charts on the forum, or print them for your doctor. We can help with most issues. If you need a DME to provide records to your doctor, they can register your machine to Airview using the serial number, but don't expect that to be a free service when you bought your machine online.

Do you need proof of compliance to maintain a CDL? Ask your clinc what information they need to register your machine for AirView downloads. I'm pretty sure it is just the serial number.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Supplier #1 also and they do not do AirView registrations.  Seems the DME's that do register for you have to pay for a subscription to AirView in order to register you.  Below is a snippet from an email I received from Supplier #1 when I purchased my Airsense 10:

------Begin email snippet
Quote:Greetings <my-name-redatcted>!
Thank you for your recent order of a ResMed CPAP machine. We would like to provide you with more information regarding ResMed's AirView Feature (Note: Link to the feature removed my me)
Registering for AirView™ Data Transfer
If you want to use the ResMed AirView™ service to track therapy or provide compliance information to your physician, sleep lab or another agency you can purchase the AirView™ subscription through an alternate source.
[Image: oc4-r1-c1.png]
We recommend speaking with your healthcare professional on obtaining a subscription.
[Image: oc4-r3-c1.png]
To do so, be sure to mention your machine has NOT been registered with AirView™ and is available to be registered*.
[Image: oc4-r5-c1.png]
The alternate vendor will set up payment for the subscription fee and register your machine through their AirView™ account with ResMed.
*NOTE: Supplier #1 does NOT offer subcriptions to AirView™.
------ End email snippet

If your clinic has an AirView account then they may be able to add your machines serial # on their end.  If they are not sure ask them to check with their ResMed AirView rep on how it is done.
If not, then copying the SD card may be your only option.  Or maybe ask the clinic if they can use DropBox, Google Drive, or some other cloud service to import your SD card data into their software.

To Clarify, AirView is the software that many clinics use to view your ResMed data directly from your machine using the built in cellular connection.  As far as I know AirView is not available to consumers.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2020, 07:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: misterp, your machine keeps detailed therapy data on an SD card and also trasmits data to medical professionals that can view it on a program called AirView.  You use an online [redacted--new members can't post links], and they do not support producing reports for your doctor.  That is part of the additional cost of a brick and mortar DME.  You could transmit your data by copying the SD card for your doctor.  If you only need to ask therapy questions to optimize your therapy, then download the free [redacted] program and post some charts on the forum, or print them for your doctor. We can help with most issues.   If you need a DME to provide records to your doctor, they can register your machine to Airview using the serial number, but don't expect that to be a free service when you bought your machine online.

Do you need proof of compliance to maintain a CDL?  Ask your clinc what information they need to register your machine for AirView downloads.  I'm pretty sure it is just the serial number.

I have Oscar, so I am fairly confident that I could generate the reports they need.  The problem is that the clinic won't tell me what they need or share an example.  The only compromise I was able to reach with them was that they would take my data (sent by mail), generate a report, then send it to me.  I was hoping that if someone here knew what the report looked like, then I might be able to shortcut the process of sending in my card.  I see now that the report is called Airview...?  This is good information.  If someone had a full Airview report that I could see, then I would start figuring out which data from Oscar needs to be included to create an equivalent report. 

After some frustrating conversation with one of the technicians at the clinic, I asked to talk to the office manager.  He took the serial number of my machine over the phone and I assumed that he was going to register it with Resmed.  I guess that didn't happen because my doctor says he doesn't have the data he needs. 

I'm not that old and I'm fairly healthy,so this is my first serious foray into the medical industrial complex.  It looks like in this arrangement, my clinic refers clients to a more expensive DME and in exchange, the DME supplies reports on the equipment/therapy directly to the doctor.  After a few weeks of phone tag with that DME, I gave up and bought the machine from the online supplier.  This referral process is a non-competitive practice because it funnels unwitting customers to a buddy-buddy network of DMEs that do not have the lowest price and do have poor customer service.  I am going to talk to my primary physician today about being referred to a different sleep clinic.  I am also going to log a complaint with my state's attorney general.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you download and install ResScan (see the private files section of this forum) you'll be able to produce the report they want from that program. It does have several reports though. They probably want either the "usage compliance" or "30 day compliance" report. You could PDF both of them and send them to see which one they wanted.

Also one of the online DME companies will register your machine in AirView for an extra fee but I can't remember who it was off hand. If I find them I'll try to reply here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since my info is transmitted to my DME, I just called my DME and gave them the fax number to my primary physician. They faxed the report to my Dr. I did this for my 3 mo. Compliance verification for Medicare.
Post Reply Post Reply
I emailed the Oscar usage report sheet, the overview page, and one daily detail page to my doctor.  He seemed to be happy with that and had the information he needed.  I printed those pages to file and emailed the PDF pages to the doctor.  If you are going to send your card, I would make sure to back that up to your computer in the event you never see it again  Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2020, 11:55 AM)alshayed Wrote: If you download and install ResScan (see the private files section of this forum) you'll be able to produce the report they want from that program. It does have several reports though. They probably want either the "usage compliance" or "30 day compliance" report. You could PDF both of them and send them to see which one they wanted.

Also one of the online DME companies will register your machine in AirView for an extra fee but I can't remember who it was off hand. If I find them I'll try to reply here.

This is really excellent help for me, alshayed.  Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the ResMed AirCurve 10 particularly fussy about the size or speed of the SD card? If I eventually have to send my doc a copy of the SD card, I'd rather copy the ResMed card onto another card and send that one, keeping the original with the machine. I don't have it handy now, but I think it's a 2GB card; I've found a 4GB card I could use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 166 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 403 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  [Pressure] Fairly new to CPAP, need help interpreting OSCAR data Maverick3u3 5 300 02-04-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Maverick3u3
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 268 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 270 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.