Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] device starts blowing about 30 mins after being turned off
device starts blowing about 30 mins after being turned off
i have a new ResMed air sense 11 that will turn itself on about 30 mins after i turned it off and removed the humidifier tank. seems to run about 10 seconds, and then it turns itself off again. i dont see any messages (other than that diagnostic message that diagnostics are complete no issue found. which is displayed with 30 seconds of turning it off).  this wakes my wife up as she doesnt get up when i do usually, and its unexpected. i have a ResMed A10 before, and it didnt do this
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: device starts blowing about 30 mins after being turned off
When you turn it off in the morning hold the power button down for a few seconds. This should shut the unit down completely, at least it did on the previous model.

This will get you by until you can find the real solution. You ight try downloading the clinician's manual and see if you find out more about that feature.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a 20 minute cool down cycle that it enters when turned off. That is normal. It should not be howling kile it does if you just remove your mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
this happens after that ends. its not as disruptive as the cool down cycle is. and it lasts about 10 seconds
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,051 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 975 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 366 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  New Device Looking for Insite. Jesmitty88 3 405 12-09-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question [Equipment] BEFORE YOU TRUST ANY COMMERCIAL NON-FDA DEVICE srlevine1 0 327 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [News] INGESTIBLE MIT DEVICE TO DETECT OSA? srlevine1 1 356 11-20-2023, 12:12 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.