Mask Type: Not using mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: RP-REM Heated Humid Dom # 1038701
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Angry error code e-23
HELP!!! I have a REMstar Pro with C-Flex and a RP-REM Heated Humid Dom Humidifier. I am getting this code e-23 and don't know how or if it can be reset. Should I open it and fix it or is it the electronic board ?? I have no insurance and have been out of work for 4 years and am going to school so if I have to get another, I'm screwed.
Thanks
04-06-2012 10:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: error code e-23
According to an older post, code E-23 is:

Quote:E-23 ERR_INVALID_DRIFT_INDEX_AT_CAL •Improper calibration •Occluded or restricted pressure tube •Defective flow sensor •Recalibrate •Replace pressure tube •Replace Main PCA
04-06-2012 10:25 PM
JumpStart Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ResMed Mirage Quattro

(04-06-2012 10:11 PM)rollsroyce Wrote:  HELP!!! I have a REMstar Pro with C-Flex and a RP-REM Heated Humid Dom Humidifier. I am getting this code e-23 and don't know how or if it can be reset. Should I open it and fix it or is it the electronic board ?? I have no insurance and have been out of work for 4 years and am going to school so if I have to get another, I'm screwed.
Thanks

You may find help in this thread

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AP-machine

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
04-07-2012 12:02 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Yep, take a look that the thread that Jumpstart listed. Most likely, on these older REMstar machines what's happening is that the small rubber tubing inside the machine (see the pictures in that thread) are becoming old and brittle, and they will develop a leak.

Check out this from a previous thread:
Quote:Sleepster offered a good solution and sometimes completely un-plugging and re-starting the machine will help... however if it doesn't help, look at zonk's solution.

Go to the link zonk suggested-- take a look at that full thread (here) and you see further down instructions for taking apart an old REMstar like the one you have.

Most likely is that one of the small rubber hoses (seen in the picture below) has either come loose or grown brittle and has cracked with age, creating a small leak, which will cause this error message.

The solution is either to re-attach the rubber hose, or if it's bad, somehow find a rubber hose of the same internal diameter and replace the bad one. Have no clue where you might find a small length of that type of hose local to you, but I've gotten similar hosing via a local hardware store in my city (Ace Hardware). If it's cracked just on one end, you might have enough length already there to cut a few millimetres off one end and re-attach it so that the cracked end is no longer used.

Here's a pic where you can clearly see the small sensor hoses:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=26]

NOTE: If you replace or fix the hose, afterwards you may need to re-set the circuit board so it doesn't continuously give the error message. In some cases this is as simple as resetting via a jumper on the motherboard. Although a CPAP motherboard is not exactly like a personal computer motherboard, the concepts of re-setting the CMOS chip are similar. You can either take the small watch-style battery out for 24 hours and then put it back it, or do it quickly by using the board's CMOS-reset jumper pins. A video on how to do that here:

RESETTING A CMOS CHIP:

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes! Smile

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-07-2012 07:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [CPAP] Error code E33 1captnronrosser 3 261 10-14-2016 04:10 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [CPAP] Service Required Error Codes - Inner Workings of a CPAP machine SuperSleeper 18 65,227 10-10-2016 01:48 PM
Last Post: juan345
  ResMed S9 Humidifer 5i Error Message atta_gurrrrl 3 2,087 07-08-2016 10:58 AM
Last Post: Moe52
  A10 error- tubing blocked check your tubing dwd1249 9 623 07-08-2016 09:33 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Airsense Autoset 10, "Error: power connector in rear is not plugged in" Possum 11 1,150 06-08-2016 05:54 PM
Last Post: sdb7802
  [CPAP] Resmed System Error 101F???? CJM99 10 810 06-08-2016 04:53 AM
Last Post: CJM99
Angry [Equipment] ResMed S9 AutoSet - Error message! rocknroehl 2 1,090 03-24-2016 08:45 PM
Last Post: rocknroehl