Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] feeling of pressure loss
feeling of pressure loss
Hello  I am new to sleep apnea .I have a ResMed 10 auto . I have been having a problem with loss of air pressure . Sent it back had it checked they there is nothing wrong with it and eliminated the ramp up and it seemed better when I got it back . About 3 days later I had the same problem again and at that time it was the mask it was not exhausting the air ,not sure why .I think the mask is an F 20 ,would have to check to be sure . I got the mask I did my test with ,it works better [more exhaust holes ] ,but after about 5 hrs of use i lost pressure again , this has been going on for a week now .Oh and it show a leaky mask when this happens ,but there is low pressure . If I put mask back on in 10-15 mins later it may go 1/2 hrs and do it again low pressure .  Any ideas ?????????
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: feeling of pressure loss
I'm not sure what your are saying exactly.  If you have a leak then there would be less pressure, if it is a large leak you would have even less pressure.  I suggest you put up OSCAR charts.  You can download it free and put it in your next post, that is about the only way we can see what is happening.

Check my signature to see how to organize the charts.  Use the F12 button to do a screenshot and post using the button at the bottom of your post.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2021, 09:36 PM)doderam Wrote: Hello  I am new to sleep apnea .I have a ResMed 10 auto . I have been having a problem with loss of air pressure . Sent it back had it checked they there is nothing wrong with it and eliminated the ramp up and it seemed better when I got it back . About 3 days later I had the same problem again and at that time it was the mask it was not exhausting the air ,not sure why .I think the mask is an F 20 ,would have to check to be sure . I got the mask I did my test with ,it works better [more exhaust holes ] ,but after about 5 hrs of use i lost pressure again , this has been going on for a week now .Oh and it show a leaky mask when this happens ,but there is low pressure . If I put mask back on in 10-15 mins later it may go 1/2 hrs and do it again low pressure .  Any ideas ?????????

What are the settings on you machine for pressure?  Maybe it is set to the default of 4 and 20?

A low minimum pressure can give you the felling on no pressure or breathlessness.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Could it be your sinuses are getting clogged up and your not diagnosing the problem correctly?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 309 9 minutes ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 210 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 309 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 369 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 340 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 834 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 581 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.