Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP filters for ResMed S9
CPAP filters for ResMed S9
I made a boo-boo, ordering the filters from Supplier #10 not realizing its not the genuine article until arrived at my doorstep

The filters made by Sunset healthcare, looks slightly thinner than Resmed filters. Any problem using these filters or discard and get Resmed filters
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP filters for ResMed S9
Depends on why you want to use them? If to protect the machine, no worries to use them. If you are trying to filter the air for yourself, they may not be as good.

Personally, I am only trying to protect my machine, so most any filter media is fine in my book.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Less of a boo-boo than a truth in advertising problem I would say. Some vendors are very suspect in how the filters are described.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Peter. Unless you walk around all day with rolled up filters in your nostrils, you are breathing unfiltered air (gasp). The filters are to protect the equipment from dirt buildup over time. You, on the other hand, have a built-in air filter right in the middle of your face!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LinkC,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2013, 03:26 AM)zonk Wrote: I made a boo-boo, ordering the filters from Supplier #10 not realizing its not the genuine article until arrived at my doorstep

The filters made by Sunset healthcare, looks slightly thinner than Resmed filters. Any problem using these filters or discard and get Resmed filters
Hi zonk,
I wouldn't think you would have any problems with those filters.
If you decide to use them, let us know Ωhow they work out for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2013, 08:05 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi LinkC,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thanks Trish!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes LinkC, welcome Smile And, my point exactly Smile I believe the filter we have to be good enough for me, and for the machine most anything that won't collapse should do the trick, the key being to replace/clean before it clogs completely.

Plus the fact that all my air is blowing across a water chamber does add another level of filtration, granted but a small one as the air blows across and not bubbles through (a side note, I have often wondered why we do not have the air bubbling through the water instead?).
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2013, 04:53 PM)hobbs Wrote: Some vendors are very suspect in how the filters are described.
Agree. "Generic filters to fit Resmed S9 CPAP" would been more appropriate description
I don,t usually get the filters from US, this one and only item cheaper in Australia LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zonk
Just changed my filter about 10 mins ago with an Aussie brand and yes they do look thinner.
Lets see how they perform
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 436 30 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 92 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 757 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 396 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.