Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP / fitness app
CPAP / fitness app
Is there an app which combines CPAP data with other health /fitness data? If not how difficult would it be to develop one?
I am currently using a DreamStation which has blue tooth and a modem
I frequently get only 4 to 6 hours sleep. My sleep issues are not only caused by apnea. 
I suffer from anxiety related insomnia as well, and have become unfit in recent years. I need to lose weight and improve my overall physical health in order to solve my sleep issues. I would like to develop an app which counts steps as well as apneas. I have some basic programming skills and would like to develop this, unless someone has done it already...in which case I would be reinventing the wheel.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP / fitness app
Hi woken!  -  Welcome

You might try looking at the free open-source program named, OSCAR.  It allows for analyzing your CPAP data, as well as, importing data from other devices like Dreem, Zeo, Somnopose, Viatom/Wellue, and some CMS-50 series devices.   OSCAR will operate on Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems and can be displayed in different languages, Portuguese being one of them.  You can download it by either clicking on its name, here in the post, or the "OSCAR" name in the black banner at the top of every page.

OSCAR requires you to use an SD card (2-32 GB in size) for data collection. The SD card needs to be inserted in your CPAP when you use it.

To help familiarize yourself with OSCAR, please see the links in my signature below.

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP / fitness app
I have been on cpap since Oct 2014. Using MyFitnessPal and the step counter on my phone, I lost 130lbs between Jan 2015 - May 2016. I added a Fitbit to my gear at Christmas 2015. I have kept the weight off for six years with the Fitbit/MyFitnessPal combination.

The Fitbit has sleep data built in. I had a sleep lab study last November. My fitbit missed most of the awakenings, but it was absolutely spot on with detecting my move through deep, light, REM sleep during the test. As far as I can tell, there is no way to get the time-series data out of the fitbit -- the app will draw you a graph, but it won't give you the detailed timestamped data. I believe that other brands of fitness trackers will.

I don't think that OSCAR can read anything that a fitness tracker outputs...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy Pulmonary Fitness Tests kingskid 6 3,551 05-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Last Post: kingskid
  Sleep apnea and driving fitness medical report zonk 7 6,091 05-03-2012, 02:36 AM
Last Post: westozman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.