Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] flow limit,csas,aircurve asv
RE: flow limit,csas,aircurve asv

Finally, I bought another vauto device.
From the chart, is the pressure support setting too small, and the I / E is obviously too small.
Next, do I have to increase both EPAP and PS by 1H2O?
Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
To get a sense of proper PS, I like to look at the FL graph.

Your FL numbers are pretty low, so it's likely fine.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is nothing wrong with tidal volume, respiration rate, minute vent or any other respiratory metric. You are gettng nearly perfect therapy at PS 4.8 with EPAP min 9.0. What makes you think anything is not right?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=23500]
This is my chart yesterday, there are still central apnea and obstructive apnea,
The reason for CA is that the support pressure is set too high?
Compared with ASV, when using vauto, the ahi value is obviously larger, and the comfort feeling is not much different. 
Have I not adapted to this machine yet?
Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have an AHI under 1, which most people here would be thrilled with.

A little perspective is in order.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
in my limited experience, 0.82 ahi with vauto is very good. maybe exceptional.

with mixed apnea, my asv ahi was almost always less than 1 compared to roughly 3 with vauto. I get a bit of all types of events.

by the numbers you're looking great. while I wouldn't worry about any of your remaining events, if you're concerned about centrals, you can try setting trigger to high, if you haven't already, then very high if necessary. it seems to help reduce them.

wait for others to comment but I don't think you have enough centrals to lower ps which it appears you need for flow limitations.

I didn't reread this whole thread so apologies if I missed something.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your therapy efficacy is excellent, and I also have some CA events. You're doing great and if I knew how to get better than that, I'd do it for myself. If you feel comfortable, this is mission accomplished.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The goal of the CPAP class of machines is not to give an AHI of zero at all times, nor is it to prevent every apnea event that may occur. It is expected to reduce events to a well controlled level below AHI of 5 and to do so with user comfort. If that goal is met, then no further action is required but to use the device every night.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
This is my most recent OSCAR chart. There are no events from the chart.
 After waking up, my tiredness obviously improved, and I rarely fell asleep during the day. 
The only problem is that my sleep time is significantly reduced every day, 4-6 hours a day. 
I don't want to continue to lower the Min EPAP value and Ps value. Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
With zero RDI, there should be no adjustments needed. As you say you see a need to gain sleeping longer, but with no indication of PAP caused discomfort, I'd say it may be sleep hygiene that needs to be addressed. Whatever the whole list is, I'm sure it's out there for you to find. My thoughts go to not eating or drinking too close to bedtime, no electronics with blue lighting on the screens like a PC or smartphone. Other things of this sort as well. Then again, it could be that amount of sleep time is all your body needs.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 770 5 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 142 11 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 57 11 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 395 Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 77 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 301 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 277 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.