Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] flow limit,csas,aircurve asv
RE: flow limit,csas,aircurve asv
(05-22-2020, 08:32 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 07:51 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I want you to contnue with PS min 3.4 and reduce PS max to 5.0.  

Is that possible? My understanding is the Resmed ASV modes enforce a min delta of 5 between PS min and max?

I can check this. I'll plug in the ASV and attempt an edit.

RESULTS: PS range can only be as tight as 5, hence PS Min 3.4 the lowest PS Max is 8.4
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was afraid of that, and had recalled a minimum of 5 PS somewhere. Okay let's try PS min 2.0 and PS max 7.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
thank you very much
The professional advice you provided helped me a lot, and I adjusted it in accordance with your suggestions in the past two days.
I will ask you again if I have any questions in the future.
Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
If that helped, it is likely you only needed the air curve 10 Vauto rather than ASV. It would be pretty easy to move in that direction since the ASV costs 2-3 times more and is intended for central apnea that it seems you don’t have.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
This is my latest OSCAR chart, the sleep time is not short, and I feel tired after waking up.
Compared with the previous setting, when the maxps value is 15, it feels refreshing after waking up, but when the maxps is 15, it is not easy to fall asleep after waking up.
Does the parameter still need to be adjusted, thank you.
To add, I am 185cm tall and 85kg in weight, male.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You should not be using ASV. Results have been optimized for someone that should be on a Vauto rather than ASV and we don't see any events coming through. With a Vauto, we can treat the events and make your respiration much more constant and normal. The only adjustment I can think to make at this point is to set PS min to 0.0 and PS max to 5.0. that is the lowest pressure support we can achieve and may have less affect on tidal volume and respiration rate. EPAP min at 9.0 appears correct correct for now.

If you had an Aircurve 10 Vauto, we would set the machne at EPAP min 9.0, Max pressure 16 and PS 4.0 and I think you would have very comfortable sleep without any notable events. I repeat, you are using the wrong machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Thank you, Sleeprider.
Maybe aircurve ASV is really not for me, I need an aircurve vauto.
This requires me to sell this machine and then buy another aircurve vauto.
But I'm not in the United States, this second-hand machine is really not easy to shoot.
My question is whether this device can be replaced with vauto after the relevant settings, is there a big difference in comfort?
This is the OSCAR chart after I set it up according to your suggestions. 
I feel  comfortable after sleep this night.
Thanks again!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 

Thank you, Sleeprider.
Maybe aircurve ASV is really not for me, I need an aircurve vauto.
This requires me to sell this machine and then buy another aircurve vauto.
But I'm not in the United States, this second-hand machine is really not easy to sell.
My question is whether this device can be replaced with vauto after the relevant settings, is there a big difference in comfort?
This is the OSCAR chart after I set it up according to your suggestions. I feel  comfortable after sleep.
Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2020, 03:22 AM)zhaoyi9205 Wrote: My question is whether this device can be replaced with vauto after the relevant settings, is there a big difference in comfort?

I have a VAuto, and have tried ASV.

They feel ... different. I wouldn't say one is more comfortable than the other, and it really depends on each individual.

Unlike the ASV, though, the VAuto has a fixed PS, so particularly if you set the min EPAP correctly, pressure won't change much during the night.

If that bothers you with ASV, even with this very low PS setting, then that would seem to be a problem you need to address with a different machine.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
These most recent charts with the lower PS did finally result in stable respiration tidal volume and rate. If you are now comfortable, your 0.00 AHI and stable respiratory response tells me you are getting effective therapy and this works fine. We have done our best to create the kind of pressure support similar to conventional bilevel therapy, and we can see your pressure support is generally in the 0.5 to 4.0 range. Your flow limitation and events are negligible and there are no apnea or hypopnea events. The question to you is, how does this feel to you?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 73 26 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 248 2 hours ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 307 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,609 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.