Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] flow limit,csas,aircurve asv
RE: flow limit,csas,aircurve asv
Your decision to move from ASV to the Vauto worked out great. You have achieved efficacy we rarely see with zero events, and any future changes should be made with comfort in mind. Well done.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
After the mask leak improved, the number of apnea events became less and less, and it once dropped to zero. After waking up, I feel more relaxed, but there will still be awakening events.
From the OSCAR chart, the expiratory curve is abnormal every once in a while. What causes the abnormal expiratory curve? Is the EPAP set too large? Is there any way to improve it?
In addition, I added that I am wearing a dreamwear full-face mask and sleeping on my back. Thank you for any suggestions, thank you.

Other OSCAR charts

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
From the OSCAR chart, The exhalation waveform shows a jagged oscillation every 5-15 minutes.
What causes the abnormal expiratory curve? Is the EPAP set too large? Is there any way to improve it?
In addition, I added that I am wearing a dreamwear full-face mask and sleeping on my back.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not something I understand well, but it is most likely an expiratory flow limitation or snore. It seems relatively infrequent
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
What happened in the few minutes I was about to wake up?
I have been using a CPAP machine for more than two years and I feel pretty good overall.
Some incidents only happen occasionally. Because they happen at night, I don't know the exact time when the incident happened, so I can't get the chart at that time.
It just so happens that an event that has been bothering me occurred during my sleep at noon today. But there is no mark on the chart. I don't know what happened, any expert can tell me. The event probably happened within a few minutes of waking up, and I uploaded a screenshot of the chart at that time. Since there is no marked event, I describe my feelings. The main feeling is that I want to wake up but I can't wake up. I don't know whether it is a feeling of suffocation or a feeling of being unable to breathe. The brain feels like it is blocked. I woke up at around 11:33, and I was struggling to wake up for the last few minutes.
This incident has happened many times before, and it happened before I used the .CPAP machine. Because it is difficult to describe what happened, it has not improved. This time, I finally know the exact time of occurrence and the oscar chart. I look forward to the help of all the experts. 
Thank you very much.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 101 Yesterday, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 266 Yesterday, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 315 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 114 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,615 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 241 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.