Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP for 10 Years - STILL HIGH AHI's!
RE: CPAP for 10 Years - STILL HIGH AHI's!
All great advice above. Definitely verify what type of pillow you have. If it is too thick or bulky that will increase your chin tucking related events. Some have had good success with Buckwheat hull pillows (once you get used to the firmness) or a think latex or memory foam (thin as possible!) pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am looking at all of the charts and I don't see one that is for Periodic Breathing - only Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate, Resp. Rate, AHI and Time at Pressure. So how can I zoom in and give you a 5 minute period of my Periodic Breathing?  After all of this time on this site and I still can't figure things out. Sorry to be so clueless, and I can't figure out how to fill all of my charts into one screenshot, so I'm clueless about that too. Guess it comes with age. If you can help enlighten me on the steps I need to take to get the data you need please do. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
The top of the events chart says PB and is the green bar at the top. Click on the Green bar repeatedly until you have a 5 minute window showing. Screen shot and post that
Post Reply Post Reply
Jenni, please see the attached...

Post Reply Post Reply

I have just been back to discuss my latest Sleep Study with my Pulmonologist/Sleep Medicine Doctor.  My latest study was NOT a split-night study - I wore my mask and used CPAP the entire night.  He mainly looked at the AHI portion and he said I actually did my best at a pressure setting of 8. The day after that sleep study however (the study was done on 8/20/2019) the person who set me up and monitored my sleep called me and told me my lowest AHI's were best at a pressure of 10. Confusion. My pressure was then set at 10, I kept it there for a few days and it didnt help much so I had it set back to the 13. No matter what the pressure was at my sleep or apneas did not improve.  So my doctor earlier this week thought maybe to have my current "System One" machine set to "Auto" (APAP from min. 5). One night after having my machine on Auto my leaks soared to 69% and my AHI was 23.1 - the nighest in my 10 year history of using CPAP!  In fact my original study before using CPAP my AHI was only 20, so now my AHI was 23.1 while using CPAP. That made no sense at all to me.  I am ready to see another doctor about this as I cannot go on getting little or no sleep and having apneas and leaks like they have been.  Tonight I will go back to a constant set pressure of 10 until things get figured out.  I purchased a new mask, headgear, tubing etc. that I hope will help with the leaks and will begin using them tonight.  I will post a few charts again for advice - and I'm sure the cervical collar recommendation thing will be addressed again.  I really need to try and force myself to use it and not think about the discomfort it causes me.  Anhow let me know what you can make of these last few nights charts...the first set is from last night with the set pressure back at 10, but the leaks are still very high. The next charts will be posted in a few minutes. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
These charts are from Oct. 3rd when the machine was set at APAP:

Next set of charts:
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
These last set of charts is from October 2nd - with the pressure set at 10...

Post Reply Post Reply
It's nearly all hypopnea and all clustered. You need a soft cervical collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar . Why not ask your doctor for a trial on a bilevel machine. I'd love to see you on a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto. I think you could accomplish great results at lower pressures. There is just no way CPAP or auto CPAP is going to resolve this problem. Why is your medical team so resistant to the obvious choice. Bilevel resolves obstructive apnea and hypopnea and provides greater comfort. You have clearly failed CPAP at every variable the doctor has tried. Time for bilevel.

The Louisville Craigslist has a low-hour Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for $260. This will work far better than your Philips with up to 3 cm of EPR that works like bilevel.
]quote]Resmed AirSense10 AutoSet CPAP sleep apnea machine with accessories. Also goes into “AutoSet Mode” very low usage hours. Has always been stored non smoking environment. Needs water chamber.
Comes with:
• Owners manual
• NEW and never opened tubing, still in package.
• Headgear[/quote]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 119 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.