Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP for 9 Months - Tips for more improvement
RE: CPAP for 9 Months - Tips for more improvement
Here are my results from last 2 out of 3 days. 1 day in between i forgot to put the sd card back in the cpap.

CA's are a bit higher with the higher pressure settings, but i do feel better than my original settings. Please let me know if I should tweak further.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your doing fine, just don't chase the numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2020, 12:40 PM)onedollar Wrote: Here are my results from last 2 out of 3 days. 1 day in between i forgot to put the sd card back in the cpap.

CA's are a bit higher with the higher pressure settings, but i do feel better than my original settings. Please let me know if I should tweak further.

Can someone explain why the pressure is varied although there are no Obstructions?
Post Reply Post Reply
The higher pressure setting were more comfortable and the AHI is great. I think this is where you need to be for pressure. The Autoset is very sensitive flow limits, and even though they are at very low levels, that is why pressure varies. If you are sensitive to pressure variation you can use fixed pressure. Many people prefer it. It’s your choice, at this point your therapy appears optimized.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2020, 02:46 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The higher pressure setting were more comfortable and the AHI is great. I think this is where you need to be for pressure. The Autoset is very sensitive flow limits, and even though they are at very low levels, that is why pressure varies. If you are sensitive to pressure variation you can use fixed pressure. Many people prefer it. It’s your choice, at this point your therapy appears optimized.

Thanks, it is amazing how different vendors treat flow limitation differently. Lowenstein (a major European vendor) ignore them at all while with SEFAM, flow limitation treatment is an option. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 239 1 hour ago
Last Post: jake79
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 65 2,295 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 263 04-15-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 75 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 847 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 125 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 394 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.