Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] hello im new
hello im new
hello id like to welcome myself i am mike in 47 and i am from oxford... i have just been diagnosed and received my cpap machine just over a week ago i am on a full facemask and i am still getting used to it... i also have a humidifier not really sure how high to set it yet still playing with it i'm up to 4 atm ...

i am finding i do not snore any more but only feel slightly better but my seep during the day had almost stopped... i'm only feeling sleepy at night time now instead of during the day all day... so thats a good thing... anyway hello
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hello im new
(07-01-2016, 02:39 AM)mikewitney Wrote: hello id like to welcome myself i am mike in 47 and i am from oxford... i have just been diagnosed and received my cpap machine just over a week ago i am on a full facemask and i am still getting used to it... i also have a humidifier not really sure how high to set it yet still playing with it i'm up to 4 atm ...

i am finding i do not snore any more but only feel slightly better but my seep during the day had almost stopped... i'm only feeling sleepy at night time now instead of during the day all day... so thats a good thing... anyway hello
Welcome to the forums, I am new here too being here about a week. you are doing better than me, I am still trying to get a good night sleep trialling 2 CPAP machines at the moment.
Cheers
Steve.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Welcome to the forums...

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mikewithey,

Welcome to the Apnea Board.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum mikewithey!

It would be good if you could update your user profile information to show which CPAP machine (even loaner), Mask, CPAP pressure. At the top of the page is a link for SleepyHead software that you can download and use to monitor your sleep therapy.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2016, 02:39 AM)mikewitney Wrote: hello id like to welcome myself i am mike in 47 and i am from oxford...

Welcome aboard Mike
You found a great community of people, some struggling and some highly successful with positive airway pressure therapy. Feel free to vent you frustrations or just ask for advice or information.

Many of us owe our success with positive airway pressure therapy to the forum as it can be slow, difficult and expensive to get answers through many of our heath care systems

Good luck with your therapy
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board mikewitney!

Go ahead and order the Providers manual. This will help you learn about your machine.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Also link to free software to help you monitor your progress.
http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2016, 02:39 AM)mikewitney Wrote: i have just been diagnosed and received my cpap machine just over a week ago i am on a full facemask and i am still getting used to it... i also have a humidifier not really sure how high to set it yet still playing with it i'm up to 4 atm ...

By "atm" I hope you mean "at the moment" and not atmospheres .....Setting 4 on whatever humidifier you have would be one thing.... a setting of 4 atmospheres would be quite another!

Note that for the humidifier, it should probably be set at the minimum necessary for comfort.

Welcome.
OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! If you are not sleepy during the day then it is working. The rest takes time to adjust to and you have to recover from the way you were sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, mikewithey.

Welcome to the forum. congratulations on your progress.

Good luck with your therapy.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.