Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] hello & masks
hello & masks
Hello! My name is Marcella. I've been using a CPAP since I had a stroke in October, 2012. I use it every night and sleep much better with it. I have the ResMed S9 and Mirage for Her Small nose mask. I'm wanting a slightly smaller mask, however, because I seem to have a teensie face Smile and the mask pushed up under my eyes at night. Has anyone else had this problem/found a solution? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hello & masks
Hi Marcella and welcome!
I can't help with this one as I use large full face masks (FFM), but I am sure someone on the forum can help with what you may be needing.
Again, welcome!
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
PaulaO2 has a small nose and she is trying out the nuance nasal pillows. FFM, nasal pillows, nasal masks are all so individualized that what works for one may not work for others no matter what rave reviews they get. The wisp works for me and believe me when I say that the petite cushion is really SMALL.

You can google wisp petite cushion and look at the photo of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum. Another mask that might work for you is the 'Wisp'. It comes with three different size 'tips', and the small is so small it doesn't even reach to my nares.

They also make masks for children - something to consider?

The problem is there are so many different masks available, and we are all built so different. What works great for one person may be terrible for another.

Both the Wisp and the Nuance are 'different' enough to check into I think.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mremund,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might try a minimalist nasal mask, such as the Respironics Wisp, or their Nuance mask or another one to try is , the Resmed Nano Nasal mask.
Don't be shy about asking to try different ones, as the mask can be the hardest part of this whole thing.
Good luck with getting the right mask that works for you, and with your CPAP therapy.
Edit: It's good to hear that you have used your machine since you have had it, keep on hanging in there with it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the Swift FX nasal pillows. I like the nasal pillow a lot and it seemed wonderful after the three larger masks I tried during titration. Cushions come in threes sizes (small, medium, large). I use the small. The pillows don't encroach upon the eyes. I read on this forum Swift FX comes in a "for her" size that has an extra small sized cushion. I received my mask at the sleep lab immediately following my sleep study. I didn't know at the time a 'for her' size was available or I would have inquired. I doubt the therapist had 'for her' size in his bag with him. He had a limited amount he was carrying with him. I sometimes wish I had the ability to try the 'for her' size and am going to inquire about it when I can get a new mask. The small is ok but it seems like I fidget with it a lot to line it up just right in my nostrils. The therapist told me I had tiny nostrils when he was figuring out what sized cushion to put on the headgear. I believe the headgear on the 'for her' is slightly smaller as well.

If you are able to use the nasal mask you might like the nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 408 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 495 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 454 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.