Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP high?
CPAP high?
I am now into my 7th day of CPAP usage @ 8-9 hours a night plus naps.
This morning I woke up feeling high. Like I woke up from zombie land .
Is there such thing as a CPAP high? Am I over-oxygenated?Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP high?
CPAP only provides pressure so you don't quit breathing or worse.

You could get an oximeter and see what your O2 levels are.

I am sure others will have some more suggestions and ideas for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2013, 08:16 AM)me50 Wrote: CPAP only provides pressure so you don't quit breathing or worse.

You could get an oximeter and see what your O2 levels are.

I am sure others will have some more suggestions and ideas for you.

Actually, I feel great. My O2 levels are normal. It is just amazing to be feeling better after years of OSA and low oxygen at night!
Post Reply Post Reply
okay, I thought you were asking a question about that because you had the face after it. Wasn't sure if you needed an answer or were just kidding so I decided to err on the side of caution.

glad you feel better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2013, 05:09 AM)Lukie Wrote: Is there such thing as a CPAP high?
Yes, especially after years of sleep deprivation and O2 starvation
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2013, 08:27 AM)Lukie Wrote: Actually, I feel great. My O2 levels are normal. It is just amazing to be feeling better after years of OSA and low oxygen at night!

I doubt it's got anything to do with oxygen levels. Directly, that is.

It's simply because you are now able to get the type of deep restful sleep required for normal existence.

When the airway collapses the oxygen level falls and this triggers the body to wake up and breathe. It's these repetitive and constant awakenings that prevent us from falling into the deeper stages of sleep required for our body and mind to function properly.

We don't really know why we need to sleep. But we do know that we need to sleep. In some cases the sleep deprivation associated with OSA can lead to insanity.

I'm glad you're feeling better after just a week of CPAP therapy. For some of us it takes longer than a week. As long as a few months. Others report feeling better after just one night!

It's really strange how the body reacts to sleep. And that's what you're experiencing. The reaction to getting an adequate amount of deep sleep.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it is called something like "you didn't know how sick you were until you felt better" syndrome.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 124 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 688 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 102 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,412 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 212 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 294 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.