Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP hose covers.....or not ??
CPAP hose covers.....or not ??
I am wondering how many people use covers for their cpap hoses, both the long and short hoses. I have the heated hose and throughout the winter months I've used the covers on both hoses. Now, curing the Summer, I took the covers off and have found that the hoses seem to be a lot more slippery and tends to be "uncontrollable". Is there any kind of a device that I could clip to the pillow or bedsheets to keep the hose from falling out of bed all the time?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP hose covers.....or not ??
You can make it yourself. I think terry cloth or fleece would work best. A bit of Velcro and a simple clip. Put it where you want it. The online suppliers sell something like this if you'd rather buy it than make it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a hose hanger for at home, but when I travel I just got a 2" spring clamp from the big box store, drilled a hole in one of the handles and zip-tied a velcro loop to it. I then can clip that on to the side of the mattress to keep my hose from falling on the floor.

$5 solution that travels well. I probably could have used a smaller spring clamp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks to both of you, Paula and Imoretti, for offering your suggestions. I think I can make one for less $ than it would cost to order it online, especially with shipping and handling. It does get frustrating having the hose take on a life of its own when I'm trying to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I took my hose cover off, only to find that I didn't like the feel of the hose, so put it back on.
Also use the clips with Velcro to tame the hose. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2015, 12:16 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I took my hose cover off, only to find that I didn't like the feel of the hose, so put it back on.

OpalRose - where would I find the clips with Velcro to tame the hose? I just returned from our local hardward store where they apparently have never heard of a cpap machine. They just stood there looking at me with a blank stare when I tried to explain what I wanted and what it needed to be able to do. I even brought a picture of this thing like you've mentioned and their looks were still 'blank'. I think they have the local "good-ole-boys" mentality (if you're female they can't be bothered however if you are male they fall all over themselves helping you.) Two males came into the store after I did and the Boss himself jumped at the chance to wait on either of them. Guess I'm on my own with this minor problem. Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
HI GrammaBear,
I use my hose covers yearround and it works well for me.
Good luck with getting your hose tamed.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using a CPAP for over 10 years now. Using the same Velcro insulated hose cover they gave me with my first machine. Reduces noise and keeps hose from making the rhythmic rubbing noise on edge of bed when I move.
Except for very cold nights.. I run the humidifier with no heat just pass over is enough. So I have very little rain issues.. Never looked at a heated hose, I think warm are would bug me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2015, 01:35 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 12:16 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I took my hose cover off, only to find that I didn't like the feel of the hose, so put it back on.

OpalRose - where would I find the clips with Velcro to tame the hose? I just returned from our local hardward store where they apparently have never heard of a cpap machine. They just stood there looking at me with a blank stare when I tried to explain what I wanted and what it needed to be able to do. I even brought a picture of this thing like you've mentioned and their looks were still 'blank'. I think they have the local "good-ole-boys" mentality (if you're female they can't be bothered however if you are male they fall all over themselves helping you.) Two males came into the store after I did and the Boss himself jumped at the chance to wait on either of them. Guess I'm on my own with this minor problem. Sad

GrammaBear,
I was unable to find those clips locally. My DME was even clueless. Amazon has them, and the on line suppliers carry them, but then you have to deal with shipping charges.
So unless you are ordering enough to get free shipping, it ends up costing too much.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2015, 01:52 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 01:35 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:

GrammaBear,
I was unable to find those clips locally. My DME was even clueless. Amazon has them, and the on line suppliers carry them, but then you have to deal with shipping charges.
So unless you are ordering enough to get free shipping, it ends up costing too much.

OpalRose ~

I did find them online on eBay for $5 and 'free shipping'. There is a online merchant there and I hope to go back to that online store to see what else they have and how their other prices are. Thanks for your response. They have 10 different colors if anyone is interested.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,610 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 271 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 254 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 619 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,360 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 568 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 686 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.