Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP hose covers.....or not ??
RE: CPAP hose covers.....or not ??
Good deal! Never thought to check eBay!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2015, 02:41 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Good deal! Never thought to check eBay!

One of the reasons I had no idea my Sleep DR had retired and old DME had been bought out twice.. was that I have been buying mask parts, hose, filters off Ebay and Amazon for years. Just because is easier than insurance for the small cost.

Found a new DR so I could get a new machine..
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a spring clamp that's repurposed from woodworking (I'd link but yeah... the rules...), drilled a hole in the handle, and then used a zip tie and a velcro cable tie to make mine. All available at the local HW store, but if you go in asking about a CPAP they'll have no clue.

So parts list:
1" Spring clamp
Velcro Cable Tie.
Zip Tie.

If I have time I'll snap a picture of it when I get home.
Post Reply Post Reply
Started without a hose cover. But purchased one this last month. Like the feel of the cover much better than the hose. However, the cover has added a significant weight to the hose itself. Has caused minor issues with moving during the night. With the extra weight the hose doesn't seem to swivel as well as it did without the cover. Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2015, 02:55 PM)lmoretti Wrote: I use a spring clamp that's repurposed from woodworking (I'd link but yeah... the rules...), drilled a hole in the handle, and then used a zip tie and a velcro cable tie to make mine. All available at the local HW store, but if you go in asking about a CPAP they'll have no clue.

So parts list:
1" Spring clamp
Velcro Cable Tie.
Zip Tie.

If I have time I'll snap a picture of it when I get home.

Thank you for the parts list. I will show it to my hubbie when he gets home too so he knows what I'm talking about.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2015, 03:26 PM)OB-Left Wrote: Started without a hose cover. But purchased one this last month. Like the feel of the cover much better than the hose. However, the cover has added a significant weight to the hose itself. Has caused minor issues with moving during the night. With the extra weight the hose doesn't seem to swivel as well as it did without the cover. Huhsign

I agree about the weight of the hose cover diminishing the ability to swivel differently. I've had a cover on the hose almost since day 1 and it seemed that some mornings my numbers were good and other morning they were not. I was just looking for minor adjustments that might help the seal work better. I will say that I like the lightweight feeling of the hose without a cover, but the comfort level is better with the cover, especially in the Winter months.

Post Reply Post Reply
I used to just tuck the hose under me in the bed. Accomplished 2 things. Kept the hose warm (prevent rainout) and kept it in place. Easy Peasy. I am using my standard hoses during the summer and I have just left the hose cozies on them. No problem.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone. I read the posts about the hose clips and would like to give you a cheaper way to get them. Go to Walmart in the stationary isle and get a pack of name badge clips (about 12 in a pack), then go to the hardware isle or the sewing isle and you will find a pack of several colors of velcro straps for about $3.00. Total cost will be about $6.00 but you will have several hose clips when done. Just put the name badge clips through the little slits in the velcro straps and you have it made.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay: here's a picture of what I built. Original goal was a clip that was big enough to clip to the headboard.
http://imgur.com/Xk88hw3
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm tickled at all of the ideas that have come about since I posted about my problem. I am hoping that fixing the problem of the hose moving the pillows just a bit will help improve the 'leak rate' on my SD card. Thank You each one of you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,644 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 283 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 259 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 629 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,371 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 569 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 694 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.