Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] how to reduce leaks, full face mask
RE: how to reduce leaks, full face mask
Yes, for me either the Simplus or Vitera are much better than the F20, with the Vitera being just enough better than the Simplus to become my go to. I'll guess any F&P would perform well, but these are their only 2 I've used so far.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have very high flow limitation, and we can tame those by turning on the EPR function (exhale pressure relief). EPR gives you bilevel pressure (inhale/exhale) pressures that reduce flow limitations, RERA and hypopnea a lot. You will be much more comfortable.

Change minimum pressure to 7.0, turn on EPR Full time at setting 3. We're going to clean this mess up! Your starting pressure will be 7/4 (inhale/exhale), and I don't know where that 10.8 maximum pressure came from, but increase it to 11 or 12. We can get fancy and split cm-H2O when things look like something resembling optimization. Very high respiration rate, and I have no idea why.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not trying to get gold stars but I mentioned EPR in post 5. I forgot to use my drill sergeant font so that's probably why it's lost in the stack Sleeprider.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your unusual high respiration rate may be an indication of not detected flow limitations.  Would you mind to post a zoom of an interval of three or four minutes where the respiration rate is high?  

Also, the minimum pressure seems way too low as well as the maximum pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies folks, this is very helpful. For the record, suggestions were made about EPR and pressure settings starting with post #4, staceyburke.

Last night I set CPAP to EPR 3, on full time, no ramp, with min at 7, max at 11. Large leaks 0.00, AHI 3.75. Didn't suffer side effects, so I'll increase max. pressure, which seems necessary. Screenshot below.

Also attaching zoom in on resp rate peaks, as requested by multicast in previous post. 

Post Reply Post Reply
And during or after that sleep session, how did you feel? I know you mention side effects but anything else to note negative or positive?
Post Reply Post Reply
PS we'll award Stacey the gold star or virtual cup of truck driver coffee.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2021, 01:17 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: And during or after that sleep session, how did you feel? I know you mention side effects but anything else to note negative or positive?

I slept well, slightly better than average. The EPR felt better right after putting mask on, breathing felt more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great and congrats. Next homework assignment is to repeat it over as many nights as possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not only that the respiration rate is high, your tidal volume is very small. Would you please tell us your weight?

The machine regards the pressure as too low. Why not try minimum pressure 10.5, maximum 16? And EPR = 3, if no CA would be induced by them. Chances are high that your reparation rate will show reasonable values.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 372 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 139 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.