Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] how to reduce leaks, full face mask
RE: how to reduce leaks, full face mask
(02-14-2021, 01:11 PM)newmar Wrote: Also attaching zoom in on resp rate peaks, as requested by multicast in previous post. 

We need a zoom of the flow rate during a period of high respiration rate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2021, 05:22 AM)multicast Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 01:11 PM)newmar Wrote: Also attaching zoom in on resp rate peaks, as requested by multicast in previous post. 

We need a zoom of the flow rate during a period of high respiration rate.

Here's a zoom-in showing resp and flow rates; let me know if you'd like to see a different view, not sure if I did this right.

Post Reply Post Reply
Zoom in a bit more: From 6:39 to 6:41. There seem to be severe flow limitations, not detected by the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2021, 03:38 PM)multicast Wrote: Zoom in a bit more: From 6:39 to 6:41.  There seem to be severe flow limitations, not detected by the machine.

Here it is:

Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm you're running a marathon there I guess. 50 on the breath rate... Real or Memorex? Dunno.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That last screenshot was from a week ago...I've since increased my pressure, and also just replaced the elbow that connects to my F20 mask, which I think was causing problems...it contains two valves.

Will post a new screenshot tomorrow, now that things should be in better order.
Post Reply Post Reply
The anti-asphyxiation valve flaps. Sometimes they might get stuck or make noise, but are necessary in full face masks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2021, 07:40 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The anti-asphyxiation valve flaps. Sometimes they might get stuck or make noise, but are necessary in full face masks.

Right, I replaced that elbow because it was old and trying to troubleshoot my leaks. So far new elbow seems to be working better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to get some current close zooms of the respiration rate. Still trying to figure that one out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now that's a strange riddle ...  Non detected flow limitation look like this:

They are misinterpreted as an additional breathe.  But your flow looks somewhat different.  At the moment I have moo clue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 357 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 331 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 133 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 158 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.