Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bad hip = little cpap use
RE: Bad hip = little cpap use
As someone who has chronic pain, I understand your issue.

Keep the CPAP by the recliner and use it when you nap, when you might sleep, etc. You may find the cervical collar option to not be comfortable in a recliner. Lay it back further (it will open up the hip, too) and consider using a chin strap. Or switching to FFM.

I have a LOT of pillows. Try sleeping in bed but on your side with a pillow or three between the ankle and crotch. I actually find it more comfortable to lay on the screaming hip that to put it on top.

You can also get a wedge and sleep on your back with your legs and hip supported completely. Use the wedge and have two pillows, one under each hip. Not all the way so you are on them, but just enough to keep the hip from rolling outward while you are on your back.

But upmost, use your machine. Your body needs the sleep and the O2 to heal.

I don't have a Tempurpedic but do have a high quality memory foam topper. In this instance, cheap is not your friend.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: FVHQu7wl.png]

Well I'm back to sleeping in bed.  My sleep is broken with a few toilet trips and I have more leaks then I ever had. I think that the pain meds might have a bit to do with it. I am still taking Targin 30/15 twice a day , Modic once a day, Oxynorm 10 just before bed time, slow release  paracetamol 3 times a day.

On the hip pain it's a lot better then it was. The source of it has not been found yet. X-ray and CT scan didn't show any major problems with hip and lumbar.  I had some Physiotherapy yesterday and the therapist  believes that it is more likely from referred pain from some previous back problem. I don't recall anything that has happen with my back. I will be seeing an orthopedic surgeon 12 Feb.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an update on this with my visit to the orthopedic surgeon. He was sure what I had was acute tendinitis and bursitis. The good news is that he says there is minimal wear of the hip.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and help on the pain and mouth breathing.

My only thing from this is trying to get back to my normal sleep pattern after stopping the oxycodone . I am waking and getting up once or twice a night. It seems to be getting better as the first few nights it was 3 times a night.

Anyway happy cpaping.
Post Reply Post Reply
How did I miss this thread.  I too had severe pain 2016 to March 2017.  So bad my vision actually narrowed.  Never called it a 10 because I never passed out, close but never happened.
My numbers were crazy while all this was happening.  Pillows were my friend.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.