Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] hrs. of use question
Question 
hrs. of use question
I was wondering what the life expectancy of my Respironics  system One Cflex+ Pro machine is ?
It currently has just over 10,000 hours on it.
Is that alot ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hrs. of use question
About 5 yrs 15000 hrs ? If my maths is correct
Post Reply Post Reply
5 years is the minimum. However most will usually last a couple of years longer.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Based on an average of 8 hours of use per night and 365 days per year would yield 2920 hours per year. 10,000 / 2920 = 3.4247 years of use. 3.4247 is about 3 years and 5 months.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the data info, expected life span is 15,000 hours. According to the fix-it guys, Respironics and Resmed machines start increasing in failures at about 18,000 hours, but many easily make 20,000. You might need new seals earlier than that. My bro's old machine is just over 18,000 hours and some seals have to be replaced, but it otherwise works perfect.
Post Reply Post Reply
well that is good to know as I no longer have any benefits. I guess i will start saving now so when it starts to fail i can replace it.
I just can't imagine sleeping a single night without a CPAP.
Although i may look at ResMed next time as both my sister and nephew have them and swear by them ?

(02-02-2018, 12:51 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: According to the data info, expected life span is 15,000 hours. According to the fix-it guys, Respironics and Resmed machines start increasing in failures at about 18,000 hours, but many easily make 20,000. You might need new seals earlier than that.  My bro's old machine is just over 18,000 hours and some seals have to be replaced, but it otherwise works perfect.

what seals exactly are you referring to ?
I have already ordered a set of 3 seals for the humidifier unit.
I have never touched the main brain unit though?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi The Rog,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I just replaced my old Puritan & Bennett Goodknight 318 brick cpap machine after 20 years of use, and 60,000~ hours of use! It still works fine also. I just found out about Apap type machines, and wanted to check data.

Could be why they're out of business, if their cpap machines never failed, "every 5 years" like I keep hearing quoted around. LOL.

Could be they were just built a lot better back then...
Post Reply Post Reply
Lucky if I got a couple of years out of the ones I had.  One lasted 3 years then died with a scraping noise and a burning smell Thinking-about
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Been a "CPAPer" for many years but just joined the forum and am finding much useful information.  I am on my second CPAP, a RESmed M Series with almost 25,000 hours on it and still working as well as ever I think, but thought it time for replacement with new technology.  Airsense 10 Auto supposed to be on its way to me.  Did some reading on here before deciding on replacement and am glad I did.  Big thanks to all who contribute here!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,424 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.