Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] iBreeze sudden change in AHI
iBreeze sudden change in AHI

I am a new APAP user and was given an iBreeze by Resvent by the DME. (I didn't have a choice, I didn't know about OSCAR, and no, I can't get a new machine right now. I have to work with what I have.)

I was using the machine with no issues for about a month and then the machine kind of flipped out. I didn't change anything I was doing, but I got an error message about the tank not assembled correctly, which would have been unlikely. I took the tank out, checked it, and put it back in. I put my mask on and laid in bed, awake for about an hour. I had to go to the bathroom, so I disconnected the hose and the results screen said I had an AHI of 136/hour for only the hour I had used it. The air pressure seemed way off during that time, so I didn't use the machine that night. 

The next day, I removed the tank, emptied it, let it dry. I unplugged the machine for several hours. I reassembled it and haven't had the tank warning again. Since that night, about three days ago, the machine has seemed like it's working, but my AHI has been significantly higher. My AHI was always 2 or below, but now I'm seeing numbers in the double digits. Since I can't use OSCAR and I am using the iMatrix software, what should I be looking for in my data that would explain this drastic increase? I am attaching a screenshot of one night's data, but any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: iBreeze sudden change in AHI
I’m giving you an answer as of what you posted WAS from Oscar - it isn’t so this may be completely wrong. But here goes 

In Oscar if the O or H events are grouped together ( all of your are) it shows positional apnea. Positional apnea is when your body gets into a position that cuts off your own airway. 

IF it is positional apnea (alao called chin tucking) no pressure changes can help. You have to find a way to stay out of that position. Think of it as a kink in a hose. Until the hose is unkinked you can not get air through. 

It happens sometimes when you sleep on your back or to high of pillows. It makes it much easier for your chin to tuck down to your Sternum. 

One way to stop chin tucking is wearing a collar. I have a link to collars in my signature. It shows charts showing people without collars and the same people with collars. Please take a look.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 131 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,705 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 330 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.