Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP in Taiwan - vague occurring and future
CPAP in Taiwan - vague occurring and future
Given the regulation in Taiwan, the CPAP machine is a governed medicine device that can only be purchased at a licensed physical location, such as Pharmacy, Clinic, Sleeping centers...etc. This may seem like a normal practice like the other countries, unfortunately the current practice only benefits the CPAP distributors and bidding resellers (clinic, sleeping centers).

Here's a petition regarding unfair market monopoly - (the page language is traditional Chinese, site is governed.)
https://join.gov.tw/idea/detail/e6624768...f8/discuss

Facts:
Resmed AirSense 10 (standard w/o bundle) NTD 55,000 (USD 1,965)
Machine monthly Rental fee NTD 5,000 (USD 178)
Taiwan GDP USD 32,747
Entry level annual income USD 11,200

There are people trading used machine which is no longer in production, exchanging ideas of repairing, … 
https://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php...&t=3254273

Taiwan’s social health insurance may be ranked in the top 5, it only costs USD 5 to cover teeth cleaning, oral exam, panel x-ray, fillings… all medical pricing is ruled by FDA except the treatment or device selling is under patient’s consent. Considering the situation explained above, CPAP merchant is cornered. Information in local language (Traditional Chinese) is limited.

I can’t be the person to make the change, but I can be the influencer to provide information in the language they can read and learn. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP in Taiwan - vague occurring and future
The US seems to have the best prices. Canadian prices are much higher and dependant on the Province. From what I remember Australia and the UK, Sweden have pretty high prices. You are not alone.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP in Taiwan - vague occurring and future
(08-26-2021, 04:42 PM)Cpapian Wrote: The US seems to have the best prices.  Canadian prices are much higher and dependant on the Province.   From what I remember Australia and the UK, Sweden have pretty high prices.  You are not alone.

How ironic, Resmed machine is manufactured in Australia...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare and new CPAP device in future? okieman 6 876 05-04-2022, 11:43 PM
Last Post: okieman
  Issues with shipping CPAP machines to Taiwan - Any advice? WWu777 42 9,239 08-26-2021, 05:47 AM
Last Post: bojay
Question PHILIPS SYSTEMS RECALL - Future Purchases [POLL] WakeUpTime 56 7,302 08-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Last Post: josedeca
  CPAP machines of the future Big Guy 26 3,207 03-31-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: ardenum
  [Diagnosis] Newly Diagnosed. Vague results explanation CAgee 6 1,505 03-31-2018, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [Equipment] Problems with Auto CPAP with OA occurring at start of exhale - DreamStation robstanback 18 4,153 03-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Am I understanding flatulence could be in my future? HalfAsleep 12 2,528 09-25-2017, 10:49 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.