Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP induced accidents...
CPAP induced accidents...
Newbie, just over 2 weeks in.

My son woke up crying some point in the middle of the night and I forgot to unhook myself before vaulting out of bed and dragging my PR Systems One off the nightstand via my nasal pillows, sending it crashing to the floor.

Thankfully, it seems like no damage was done besides some water in my hose, waking my wife up, and it taking me 30 seconds longer getting to my son, who spouted something about a bad dream and then promptly crashed within 1 minute of "Dada snuggles".
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP induced accidents...
Aw that's so sweet. I'm a newbie too, picking up my machine soon... I'll have to keep this potentially dangerous situation in mind! Shy
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a shelf liner (the rubber kind with holes in it) under my CPAP.
That machine will not move now, even if I tug at it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tip Opal. I will use that. I could just see myself flopping over on the other side of the bed and the machine tumbling off the nightstand and then water from the humidifier getting in and wrecking machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
when I return to our bed (after Shegets her cpap machine and I don't have to hear Her snoring Oh-jeez) I think I will put it in the top drawer of bedside just for this reason
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
We've all dragged the machine off with our hoses attached. Well, I'm sure I do it often enough for anyone who has not.
Luckily the dog breaks the machine's fall.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2015, 07:39 PM)trailrider Wrote: We've all dragged the machine off with our hoses attached. Well, I'm sure I do it often enough for anyone who has not.
Luckily the dog breaks the machine's fall.
Speak for yourself Smile. I use a hose hanger, which would be the first thing to topple if I did not unmask. The HH is good for a lot of other reasons too.

I also have the APAP on a shelf with a large lip, behind the bed. If I walked off still masked it would rudely yank it off my face, which might even leave a nasty mark; probably would be negative enough of an experience to try to not let that happen again.

Popping out of bed while still half asleep is probably not recommended, but if a child cries, I get it.

Also, another good reason to get a dog. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Put it in a drawer hose out the back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2015, 08:41 PM)NWA 2 Wrote: Put it in a drawer hose out the back.

NWA just quoted my playbook. I used a hole saw to cut a hole in the back of a 2-drawer nightstand for the power and hose. The unit sits inside the drawer, unheard and unseen, with no possibility of dropping.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 859 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings zfaulk 22 1,989 01-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: subconscious
  Drug induced Central sleep apnea Per Laursen 0 433 12-13-2023, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Per Laursen
  Treatment induced CA's? Matwat 7 766 08-02-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Matwat
  Opioid Induced Respiration Depression Geer1 6 1,027 11-18-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Exercise-induced arterial hypoxemia (EIAH) related to OSA? MCS2014 1 616 09-20-2021, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.