Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] interrupted sleep
interrupted sleep
I have been able to set up a comfortable pressure and recent AHI average 1 to less than 3 for most nights of use. I fall easily asleep with my CPAP; however, I usually wake up after 3 to 4 hours and can't go back to sleep again using my CPAP. I would love to have a solid 6-7 hour sleep. Any suggestion?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: interrupted sleep
Welcome to Apnea Board!

Folk here are pretty data driven, and it would be hard to advise without seeing a chart.

Be sure you have a SD card in your Pap machine.

Download the OSCAR software.  We need to see a screenshot of at least 1 night sleep regardless of hours.  Use the F12 key to take a Screenshot and post it here.

Use the Organizing your Chart link in my signature line to guide you.  
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

I wonder how many of us actually get 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep?  I know I don't, but one thing that helps is when you wake up, don't remove your mask.  Just try to get comfortable again and hopefully sleep will come.  If you're laying there for more than 15-20 minutes, then get up and do something, like read... something to make you tired.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you do when you wake up? Getting up and doing something may help.

I have nights of waking up after 3-4 hrs. I get up and do something for 1-2 hrs then have no problems getting back to sleep.

There is a lot of evidence that in past centuries having first and second sleeps was common.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I don't know if I am qualified enough to write here, but I feel that I should share my story with you anyway.

When I first started APAP therapy, I was generally waking up from 10 to 15 times a night during the first 2 months.

My family doctor then gave me strong sleep pills to help me, but my (very competent) pulmonologist told me that she was not too keen about pills (more specifically on the long term ) and suggested me to try Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I), that it was the most efficient way to treat chronic insomnia.

I rigorously followed the therapy for 6 or 7 weeks, and I have now the best sleep of my life. I would never have guessed that it would work so well.

I now realise that to get good sleep is more than just fixing our breathing problems, it's worth considering other aspects of the problem as well.

I hope this will help you. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 808 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Interrupted sleep: RERA and Flow limitation xaid 2 772 07-09-2023, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.