Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help with bipap settings
RE: Help with bipap settings
(01-13-2024, 09:03 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Well your night with 0.0 AHI was spectacular, and anytime you can get a low AHI less than 1 it's great and nothing to be concerned about.  Your therapy time is 7 to 8 hours and it looks really smooth and quiet with very good statistics.  I think you really "hit it out of the park" to use baseball slang.  I don't know how I could improve on this.  Well done!  Some people do better with a fixed BiPAP pressure and others are good with auto-pressure. You clearly benefited from fixed pressure and achieved much better results.

Well thanks so much for the help!

How long do you think until all my symtoms resolve on the therapy? I am no longer depressed and anxious, but I still have IBS and sometimes a bit sleepy (However, I don't have to nap anymore). I know it's more of a medical question, but maybe you have some experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I could assure you that this fully resolves all symptoms in two weeks, but the truth is, not everything depends on good PAP therapy results. I think you'll notice the difference and may realize your expectations, but I'm not a clairvoyant.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2024, 09:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I wish I could assure you that this fully resolves all symptoms in two weeks, but the truth is, not everything depends on good PAP therapy results.  I think you'll notice the difference and may realize your expectations, but I'm not a clairvoyant.

https://imgur.com/a/IIjFncJ
https://imgur.com/a/0SAH5uS

Can you check this

Suddenly I started to get a ton of snoring.

I sleep with cervical collar. Can I do anything to further optimize my sleep breathing?

Feeling wise the therapy is quite solid. Insomnia, hypnic jerking are all resolved. My anxiety levels are down. No napping after meals.
Lot more energy, but still not as good as I think it should be.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try EPAP 6.0, IPAP 10.0. Alternatively, just step up pressure by 0.5 increments to see if it reduces the snores. Therapy looks good, and VS2 is a minor indicator on the Philips. It's good to hear anxiety is under control, and the fixed pressure still looks good compared to what the Philips does in auto-pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
https://imgur.com/a/FxnKtZm

Is it time to invest in a machine that can detect flow limits?

I have no idea what's going on. Maybe with better machine I could have a chance to smoothen my breathing.
Also with UARS, I feel like beginning of each breath is hard (flex on minimum), before the machine helps me.
Most days I have is decent, but I got some bad days which is discouraging.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I might have find the issue.
Bi-flex was still on 1. I didn't know you can turn it off. This will hopefully impove my centrals.
for uars i think it's very important for the machine to be as responsive as possible.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimal Settings on iBreeze BiPAP to reduce FL ewriter 23 313 Yesterday, 08:23 AM
Last Post: ewriter
  New to BiPAP Therapy: Seeking Guidance on Settings Kevinbipap 4 151 04-24-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Kevinbipap
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 199 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 330 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 413 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 268 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 616 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.