Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP knocked down
CPAP knocked down
This morning I've knocked off my CPAP from the stool (wedged between the bed and bedside table) and fell on the floor. Quickly took mask off, switched the lights on and the machine was on the floor upside down. Put back on the stool, unplugged it and checked the water tank and it was empty which should be half full. So I thought must be the water got into the machine but when disconnect the hose, the water comes out from the hose to the carpet and even there was some water in the mask from the impact of the fall. It doesn't seem any water got into the machine, the water tank is sealed and the only way water can comes out through the hose connection. Anyway got the spare hose, wiped the mask. put some water in the tank, switched the machine on, went back to sleep and touch wood everything seem to be alright.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP knocked down
Cool! Glad it do any damage! Well, except to your heart rate.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 05:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Cool! Glad it do any damage! Well, except to your heart rate.
Thanks. For a moment panicked and thought of water damage
Maybe try to place the machine on the floor but might still get dragged when changing sides and the climate line is not long enough
I've to find a way to prevent the machine falling off

Post Reply Post Reply
How about a strap with a release buckle? Then you can release the buckle to get to the machine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again zonk, Glad to hear that your machine seems to be okay, but I bet that gave you a start, for sure. Hope you can find a way to avoid that in the future.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Zonk.. Glad there's no damage.

Next time don't put mask on until bedtime shenanigans are over..Dielaughing
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
The straps is good idea
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 06:18 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi again zonk, Glad to hear that your machine seems to be okay, but I bet that gave you a start, for sure. Hope you can find a way to avoid that in the future.
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 06:28 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: Hey Zonk.. Glad there's no damage.

Next time don't put mask on until bedtime shenanigans are over..Dielaughing
Thanks
what shenanigans ... In my dreams Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply
I too had an episode where I pulled the entire unit off on to the floor (no carpet) it was with the loner Remstar.
The impact sent the wireless modem flying along the floor & all I could think of is I just bought a very expensive CPAP that is now useless but to my surprised every thing went back together & I only found a drop of water in the humidifier even though it was upside down.
Dried & checked everything popped the modem back on & it all worked fine.
I was apprehensive when I went back to to the CPAP care provider knowing that they use an internal hard drive that may be toast but everything was fine.
Big relief but I too thought that I should do something to fasten it down but have procrastinated & now only have a few days till Carpel Tunnel surgery.

One thing I did think of but haven't done is a holding device for the hose so that it can be held in place & placed up to the headboard or wall above to be more comfortable.
But I would still feel better if the CPAP unit could be held in place but easy to remove.

No! not using big nails or screws : )
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Knocked over AirSense 10 fractalice 7 6,798 02-21-2015, 11:46 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  [Equipment] Somehow knocked my machine off the table last night! Peter_C 26 10,791 05-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Last Post: robertbuckley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.