Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP knocked down
RE: CPAP knocked down
(09-10-2012, 10:54 PM)dcgrafix Wrote: I was apprehensive when I went back to to the CPAP care provider knowing that they use an internal hard drive that may be toast

I don't think any home CPAP made in the past 10 years has an actual hard drive. Flash memory, etc.

Still not a good idea to drop it on the floor. Especially if you drown it with the humidifier.

Everyone needs to be really sure you can't turn the CPAP over or pull it off the table.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I,m going to try to secure both machine and the stool with a braces (suspenders) so cannot lift the machine or be knocked off.
[Image: 48AD57726504921F8948822FAED1FC573CF539.j...UzOS3qcGcA]

Post Reply Post Reply
Didn't someone here once build a frame on their dresser that held the machine in place? Like a few strips of wood around it like it was in a tray?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I emptied out the middle drawer of my nightstand and put my machine in there. Unfortunately the machine is tall enough the drawer won't close but the top drawer will open, so that is good. Not only does this keep the machine from going anywhere, it also places it lower than I am so if there were rainout, it would simply drain back into the tank. I do have to pick up the machine to add water to the tank, but it is a small price to pay to protect my investment! Especially since I paid for this out of my pocket!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 05:46 PM)zonk Wrote: I've to find a way to prevent the machine falling off

Attach the hose to the headboard, table, or wall with a velcro strap or some sort of clamp. That way, when you get carried away and yank on the hose it won't pull the machine off the table. Unless you actually hit the machine itself.

How wild do things really get in your bedroom? Smile
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2012, 12:00 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Didn't someone here once build a frame on their dresser that held the machine in place? Like a few strips of wood around it like it was in a tray?
Something like that but I,m not into carpentry and my machine doesn't live at the nightstand rather on top of a small stool between the bed and the bedside table. Last night secured both machine and the stool with the braces so cannot lift one without the other but now what to do about the pants falling off Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Knocked over AirSense 10 fractalice 7 6,773 02-21-2015, 11:46 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  [Equipment] Somehow knocked my machine off the table last night! Peter_C 26 10,739 05-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Last Post: robertbuckley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.