Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] last nights results
last nights results

Statistics
Channel Min Med 95% Max
PressureTherapy Pressure (cmH2O)
W-Avg: 8.73 4.00 9.00 12.60 13.20
Minute Vent.Amount of air displaced per minute (L/min)
W-Avg: 5.97 0.12 5.50 10.38 85.12
Resp. RateRate of breaths per minute (Breaths/min)
W-Avg: 14.87 7.05 15.60 17.40 27.27
Leak RateRate of detected mask leakage (L/min)
W-Avg: 0.03 0.00 0.00 0.00 3.00
Total LeaksDetected mask leakage including natural Mask leakages (L/min)
W-Avg: 26.21 17.00 27.00 35.00 37.00
SnoreGraph displaying snore volume (??)
W-Avg: 0.10 0.00 0.00 0.00 6.00
Insp. TimeTime taken to breathe in (Seconds)
W-Avg: 2.13 0.20 1.92 3.40 9.00
Exp. TimeTime taken to breathe out (Seconds)
W-Avg: 2.00 0.12 1.86 3.20 5.46
Tidal VolumeAmount of air displaced per breath (L/min)
W-Avg: 406.29 13.33 340.00 800.00 7020.00

plus my ahi 11.63

clear airway apnea 25 events
flow limitation 8 events
hypopnea 35 events
obstructive apnea 10 events
periodic breathing 2 events
pressure pulse 45 events
respiratory effort related arousal 22 events
vibratory snore 4 events
vibratory snore 9 events

This all happened in 6 hours

any ideas if this is not so bad or is it bad, very new to sleep apnea its only been a week
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: last nights results
not so good.

you should try to get under 5 to be considered 'good enough'.

as I said over on 'the other forum'™ load the data into sleepyhead and get more idea of what's happening, not just a summary.

if you post a graph, the events, flow, pressure, and leak are the most important charts. with snore and flow limit (if available and there's anything much on it)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 12:38 PM)annbower1125 Wrote: any ideas if this is not so bad or is it bad, very new to sleep apnea its only been a week
You might want to spend some time going through my Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead to learn what some of the data means. The guide is not yet complete, but 4. Basic data interpretation: Daily Detailed Data is finished and it should answer a fair number of your questions about what all this data means.

The two main stats that you need to worry about at this point are AHI and leak data. Your leaks look good. The AHI is still high; however 25 of your events were scored as CAs and only 10 were OAs. A lot of people have some CAs scored when they're just starting out. Sometimes there's a real problem with pressure induced central apneas; but more often the problem is just that the machine is scoring (false) CAs when you are lying awake trying to get to sleep or trying to get back to sleep. Wake breathing is much less regular than sleep breathing and it can be mis-scored by PAP machines, and when its mis-scored, it's often mis-scored as a CA.

As for pressure-induced centrals: Only about 10-15% of new PAPers experience this problem and for many of them, the pressure induced CAs resolve themselves and disappear by the end of the first month or so of PAPing. Hence most sleep docs will take a "wait and see" attitude towards seeing some centrals scored during the first month of PAPing.

However, if your AHI remains above 5 after a month of PAPing, then it's time to consult the sleep doc about what might be going on. If the OAs and Hs are way too high, the doc will probably order a pressure increase. If the CAs are too high, things are a lot more murky. But most new PAPers don't have long term trouble with pressure induced CAs. So don't start worrying excessively about them yet.

(07-04-2014, 02:06 PM)diamaunt Wrote: if you post a graph, the events, flow, pressure, and leak are the most important charts. with snore and flow limit (if available and there's anything much on it)
OP reports that he's using a (PR) Remstar Auto A-Flex and not a Resmed S9. There is no flow limitation graph for this machine since it scores FL in a very different way. The snore graph for the PR machines also is NOT interpreted the same way that the S9's snore graph is interpreted.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Your sidebar indicates your pressures are set at min 4 and max 20? I think I'd narrow the range a bit. It looks like your "max" pressure was around 13, so a nice range to begin with might be 8/13, then watch it for a few days to see what happens.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 12:38 PM)annbower1125 Wrote: This all happened in 6 hours

any ideas if this is not so bad or is it bad, very new to sleep apnea its only been a week
Welcome to the forum, annbower1125
Congrats using CPAP for 6 hours is excellent, you,re doing quite well, better than most
I would not worry about numbers, feeling better on PAP is more important than numbers at this stage
At times, numbers goes up and other times goes down, higher numbers are not uncommon especially in the beginning
Numbers do get better over time as we settle down, when is the followup with the sleep doc?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 02:17 PM)robysue Wrote:
(07-04-2014, 02:06 PM)diamaunt Wrote: if you post a graph, the events, flow, pressure, and leak are the most important charts. with snore and flow limit (if available and there's anything much on it)
OP reports that he's using a (PR) Remstar Auto A-Flex and not a Resmed S9. There is no flow limitation graph for this machine since it scores FL in a very different way. The snore graph for the PR machines also is NOT interpreted the same way that the S9's snore graph is interpreted.

I thought there wasn't for the remstar, but figured I'd leave that in there as a 'general' 'if it's there' comment for others to see too.

good point on the snore bit, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
is this the graphs that was needed? thank you all for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I don't know how to add an attachment lol sorry guys will try to learn how
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2014, 09:26 PM)annbower1125 Wrote: I guess I don't know how to add an attachment lol sorry guys will try to learn how

Specific instructions on how to add an image from SleepyHead can be found at 14. Posting SleepyHead Graphs to the Forum.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=917]

thank you so much for showing me where to go, I searched and I couldn't find it, newbie here lol
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 537 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.