Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP log help
CPAP log help
Was hoping to get input on what information will be useful in honing in on feeling great and what makes a difference with my therapy. Have put together the following chart and wondering if I have to much info or not enough. Did I leave off anything that might be useful? I only see myself doing this until I can get my therapy zeroed in.

[Image: zeQ5lmWl.jpg]

Have to admit it is much easier to see how therapy is effected by changes to settings when it is put in a chart. Sorry, just me being anal  Bug-eyed
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP log help
Looks like a good system to me, might include median or average pressure. I think I already see a pattern where getting close to 8-hours is the trick. It wouldn't be hard to run a correlation for each parameter with the sum of alertness+fatigue to see which variable or result is most important.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SR. Saw a post you had earlier about using "average" rather than "median"  and have since changed my sleepyhead charts. Will add a column for the average pressure to my spreadsheet. As much as I don't want to admit it, I agree that the first thing that jumped out was time of sleep. Really hard for me to get 8 hours during the week when working full time and committed to getting to the gym every morning. Will try to figure out a better plan.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a similar study only I graphed the data and overlaid a trend line to see if the trend is positive or negative. From the beginning the 90% pressure trend line stayed horizontal. Which gave me a good pressure setting. 

Oh, I graphed the data monthly. The trend line was very informative.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2017, 11:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks like a good system to me, might include median or average pressure.  I think I already see a pattern where getting close to 8-hours is the trick.  It wouldn't be hard to run a correlation for each parameter with the sum of alertness+fatigue to see which variable or result is most important.

Tom, was hoping you might take a look at my log and see if you can identify anything that I should be doing differently. Overall I would have to say that my therapy has been successful.

Thanks

[Image: 8vk4QYgl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
You're getting excellent results, and it's interesting that nights you report feeling best, didn't have the lowest AHI.  Congrats on making this work for you.

Tom
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Tom!

I owe you a cold one some night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now all we have to do is fix SH so all but the last 3 columns come out of the CSV export!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.