Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP machine PEEP?
CPAP machine PEEP?
My Phillips Respironics Remstar Auto A-Flex machine "PEEPS" every time it is turned on and off. It sounds just like our smoke detector. I have had no luck finding out how to turn off this feature. Does anyone know how it can be slienced?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP machine PEEP?
I *think* I looked this up for someone else before. If I remember correctly, there's no way to turn it off. The machine uses the beeps to relay information to the user. Some folks, like you, say it is annoying as heck. Others say they barely notice it.

You could find the sound hole and put a piece of tape over it. As long as the hole is not used as an air port, it should work.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I looked this up (Google is a great tool!) and the RemStar Auto A-Flex manual, on page 12 has a listing of "Audible Alerts" as they call them. These beeps mean something based on the number and spacing, like 2 beeps followed by one beep or whatever. I would get out your user manual and look up these Audible Alerts to ensure you are getting normal beeps and not beeps indicating some sort of problem. Just a thought.
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Richard welcome to forum
I don,t use PRS1, you can check what the beeps and the alerts means in the trouble shooting section of the user manual the one Mike has already mentioned http://respironicsremstars.respironics.com/

Also you can download the clinical manual and here is the setup instructions with pictures and video
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it a System One Remstar Auto A-flex? If so, for reference, mine only peeps (barely) when it has just been plugged in and is rebooting, and that tone is just not loud enough to be irritating to anyone. It doesn't peep at all when I just turn it on and off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a respironics ASV, it makes the same noise. I like it because I turn my machine off and on in the dark and can tell if I held the button down long enough. I don't consider it annoying, but a helpful feature.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 87 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 305 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 624 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,727 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 366 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,291 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.