Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP machine doesn't record data to graph
CPAP machine doesn't record data to graph
Hi, I'm new to this site and just downloaded the SleepyHead software. I had no problem downloading it and opening the data from my SD card; however, under the Daily tab, it notes that my machine doesn't record useful data to graph, with a note on the left that it is a 'Brick'. I have a Resmed Airsense 10 - I'm confused though, do some models not record detailed data and some do? Is it only a certain model within the Airsense 10 that records detailed data? I'm a little frustrated as I got this machine through my sleep clinic, and I wasn't aware to even ask to get a machine that records the detailed data. What should I look for in the future to make sure the machine does record this data?? Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks! Sarah
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP machine doesn't record data to graph
What is the full text on your machine?  ResMed AirSense™ 10 CPAP?

Current acceptable in Production Machines (ResMed and Philips Respironics, the 2 most popular manufactures)

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP)
Current Machines to Avoid
ResMed AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (all models, 37201) (Lack of full data capability)
ResMed AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ (37015, 37203) (Lack of full data capability)
Post Reply Post Reply
For further identification of which machine you have, (from this page), refer to this picture:

[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Sarah, sounds like you have the same situation as what I had except you did get a "name brand" brick while mine was a "off brand" brick. Dissatisfaction with that brick and with my DME in general is what drove me to look for a forum. I was a CPAP user for 16+ years and did not know about bricks or SleepyHead before joining the forum. After nearly three years with with that "off brand" brick and knowing that it would be two more years before my insurance would OK a new machine I took a deep breath and bought a Philips Respironics Dream Station Auto BiPAP out of pocket from Amazon.

But, while still using the brick I did find that some limited but helpful data was available from the SD card in the machine. I'm not familiar with your machine but maybe someone on the forum will be able to help you with that. 

Seems like unless your doctor prescribes a data capable machine you will be stuck with the cheapest machine in the inventory of your DME although they get paid the same by your insurance. That brings up one question, what did your doctor prescribe? You are entitled to a copy of your prescription as well as the complete data and report from any sleep study so go after those and keep copies in your permanent file. If a data capable machine was prescribed you should be able to get one, but only if you ask. I hope some of this will be helpful and I wish you the best in your apnea treatment.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirSense 10 CPAP (brick) only stores info on the overall AHI.
Can you return it and get either the Elite or Autoset? How long have you had it?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your replies. The model on my machine is just "AirSense 10 CPAP", and I've had it for over 3 months now so unfortunately can't return it for a more data-capable machine. However, I'm following up with my doctor this week, and he may potentially prescribe a BiPAP or APAP due to problems I'm having with the basic CPAP machine. Can anyone give me advice on which BiPAP/APAP machines are the best as far as data recording capability (and which to avoid!)?  Thanks so much!
Sarah
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, this is what DME's/suppliers do best. If a doctor isn't specific about type of machine, then you will most likely end up with a "brick".

For future reference:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ew-machine
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2017, 10:34 AM)slarai Wrote: Thank you all for your replies. The model on my machine is just "AirSense 10 CPAP", and I've had it for over 3 months now so unfortunately can't return it for a more data-capable machine. However, I'm following up with my doctor this week, and he may potentially prescribe a BiPAP or APAP due to problems I'm having with the basic CPAP machine. Can anyone give me advice on which BiPAP/APAP machines are the best as far as data recording capability (and which to avoid!)?  Thanks so much!
Sarah

I have to ask, What are the problems that you are having with the basic CPAP machine?  It makes a difference as to which model (there are several) that we would recommend.
We, for common issues, recommend an Auto CPAP (such as AutoSet), but for Central Apnea events (CA) we would likely recommend an Adaptive Servo-Ventilator (ASV) model.

All BiPap/BiLevel models from ResMed or Phillips Respironics produce full data.  You should not even be offered any model other than these.  Those on the board mostly prefer the ResMed models.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm having several issues with the basic CPAP machine I have now (the ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP). The original prescription was for a pressure of 10 cmH20, but after none of my symptoms were improving after several months of therapy (namely, daytime sleepiness and TMJ pain/bruxism that seems to be related to arousals due to apneas/hypopneas), my doctor suggested just playing around with different pressures to see what worked best. Well, I feel like I'm just messing around blindly since this machine has no advanced data recording capability, and so far symptoms aren't improving regardless of whether I increase or decrease the pressure. Plus I'm having a problem with air swallowing even at the lower pressure settings that I can't seem to get under control (which of course gets worse at the higher pressures).  

An auto-CPAP seems to make sense to me under the circumstances, and  I was planning to ask my doctor for a prescription for one. I didn't know that auto-bipap machines existed though. Under what circumstances would that be better than an auto-CPAP? I would guess if you couldn't tolerate a high expiratory pressure but also needed the capability of an auto machine? I didn't see any mention of recommended auto-bipap models in the link someone else provided about how to choose CPAP machines (http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices). What is the best/most sensitive auto-bipap machine with good data recording capability?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I was hoping to get clarity a couple of points.

Bonjur: "We, for common issues, recommend an Auto BiPap/BiLevel"
Others: See the thread by Archangle on machine choices. (that doesn't address bilevel machines directly).

My wife has just got on medicare and now she has to go in Tuesday and probably get new machine as her's is five years old. Current machine is PR S1 REMstar Auto A-flex. I have printed rx samples for AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ For Her and PR Dreamstation Auto.  Choices made from reading forum and Archangle article. She started with a F&P CPAP in 2005 (duct tape was falling apart) and got the PR S1 in 2011.  

Are my machine choices considered APAP vs Auto Bipap?
Is the new choices article up kept up to date?

Feel free to move if this should be different thread somewhere else.

ct
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,104 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 347 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 267 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,603 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 189 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 497 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 357 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.