Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP machine from america
Angry 
CPAP machine from america
Don't buy a ResMed machine from America if you live in Australia. I received it last week and I have just realised I should have read the fine print.
This is a breakdown of the issues, 
                                                The WI-FI will not work in Australia.
                                                 I cannot change the time and date to our time.
                                                 Cannot get any information from the SDHC card on my computer.
                                                 It cost $90 and very complicated declaration forms to get through customs. 
                                                 Visa charged me $88 to convert my money from aussie to us dollars.
                                                 4 days to get to Australia an 3 weeks to get from Sydney to Queensland.

I am now stuck with a machine that i cannot get any sleep data from which was the main reason I brought the model.
 And after all that the cost was not much difference if I purchased in on line in Australia.  

BE AWARE.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP machine from america
I have bought 2 machines from America. I have no problem.

As far as I know they don't have wifi. They use mobile phone. That only gives you access to Myair. MyAir is next to useless in my opinion.

I changed the date and time on mine. You have to do it before you have used it on that date. If it has data on it for that date it wont allow you to change the time to before that data.

Use Sleepyhead software to read the data off the card.

The $90 is the customs fee. If the seller marks the package with the customs codes (you may need to give them those) and you use USPS this is usually avoided.

I got my last machine in 5 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you go into the clinician settings and change the date and time? Should be easy enough to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes did that but comes up with " date and time can not be set in the past".
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Parrot. Welcome to Apnea Board.

It's easy to offer wise advice after the fact, but sometimes it's necessary to do our due diligence before committing to a purchase. I know this from experience, having been bitten more than once.

Quote:The WI-FI will not work in Australia.

It's not actually wifi, but a mobile phone connection to Resmed's MyAir site. As somebody said above, MyAir is of very limited use, and you're much better off using #SleepyHead.

Quote:I cannot change the time and date to our time.

You need to go into the clinician settings to set the date and time. You can obtain the clinician manual from the link at the top of this page. (Read the instructions carefully). There is a problem with the date on Resmed machines as they can't be set back in time if there is already data, so you need to clear all data and go from there.

Quote:Cannot get any information from the SDHC card on my computer.

Use an ordinary SD card, not an SDHC. You also need to use appropriate software to display the data - most of us use and recommend #SleepyHead.

Quote:It cost $90 and very complicated declaration forms to get through customs.

It used to be $50 - blame Peter Dutton. It's a bit of a lottery as to whether you get charged - I've had some quite expensive stuff come in with no charge at all.

Quote:Visa charged me $88 to convert my money from aussie to us dollars.

Visa or your bank? That does seem a lot - I know Westpac charges 3% on foreign currency transactions. The other thing to be aware of is that the exchange rates advertised on TV are inter-bank rates and are not available to consumers. So if the exchange rate is nominally 73 cents in the dollar, you will be lucky to get 68.

Quote:4 days to get to Australia an 3 weeks to get from Sydney to Queensland.

That can be so frustrating. I've had stuff come from Europe in 3 days and then another week to get from the airport to me (36 kilometres).
Post Reply Post Reply
at the risk of displaying my ignorance, if your machine is set to some US time aren't you wanting to move the clock forward? that should be easier to do than backward.

until someone that has this info handy replies with more specifics, I'll just say that it's a pain but there are a couple workarounds for resetting the time that you can find if you search this forum. first condition as I recall is that (as said above) you can't have any data recorded for the day when you want to change the time. then the noon to noon split can limit the number of hours available in that day to change so it could take days to move the time to where you want it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2018, 08:03 PM)parrot Wrote: Yes did that but comes up with " date and time can not be set in the past".

That's because it would create a conflict with the previously recorded data. You just need to go to the clinicians menu and erase the data. Then you can set the clock to whenever you like. (If you already have data on SD card, import it to Sleepyhead first.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2018, 08:03 PM)parrot Wrote: Yes did that but comes up with " date and time can not be set in the past".
You can set the time back, but only to noon of the current day, so at most, you can only turn it back 11.9 hours at a time.
If you are not using the machine, then you can set it to any time within 2-4 days.  If you are using it, then you may not be able to set it back to a time where it has data recorded.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
As others have said, the cellular connection is not particularly useful, except if your doctor insists on getting reports directly from your machine, as mine does. The company that sold me my machine can download the data, format it and send it to my doctor. (I don’t know why he doesn’t use sleepyhead; it would give him a standard format across all machines).

I was going to order a machine from the US at one point, but didn’t because I realized the cellular modem wouldn’t work in Canada.

It would be nice if ResMes made this component a user-replaceable part.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
Just to add that I'm another happy buyer of Resmed from the a USA supplier.
As others have said your problems with the machine can be fixed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,044 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 146 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 180 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 399 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 831 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 253 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.