Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP machine from america
RE: CPAP machine from america
(09-06-2018, 09:27 AM)allanri Wrote: As others have said, the cellular connection is not particularly useful, except if your doctor insists on getting reports directly from your machine, as mine does. The company that sold me my machine can download the data, format it and send it to my doctor. (I don’t know why he doesn’t use sleepyhead; it would give him a standard format across all machines).

I was going to order a machine from the US at one point, but didn’t because I realized the cellular modem wouldn’t work in Canada.

It would be nice if ResMes made this component a user-replaceable part.

Many airsense users would be happy if the cellular modem didn't work based on what I have read on the various CPAP forums....this is equivalent to airplane mode.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, and if they don’t like the idea that someone can monitor them, they can turn airplane mode on. I think the reason the modem exists is because some insurers in the U.S. insist on seeing that users are compliant. I actually don’t think that would be permitted in our health system.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2018, 06:28 PM)allanri Wrote: Sure, and if they don’t like the idea that someone can monitor them, they can turn airplane mode on.  I think the reason the modem exists is because some insurers in the U.S. insist on seeing that users are compliant. I actually don’t think that would be permitted in our health system.

My sleep clinic/DME initially made unit changes via the modem when I first started on APAP.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2018, 08:12 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Parrot. Welcome to Apnea Board.

It's easy to offer wise advice after the fact, but sometimes it's necessary to do our due diligence before committing to a purchase. I know this from experience, having been bitten more than once.

<snip>

Quote:Cannot get any information from the SDHC card on my computer.

Use an ordinary SD card, not an SDHC. You also need to use appropriate software to display the data - most of us use and recommend [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url].

Quote:4 days to get to Australia an 3 weeks to get from Sydney to Queensland.

That can be so frustrating. I've had stuff come from Europe in 3 days and then another week to get from the airport to me (36 kilometres).

Actually, a 2GB SD card or any SDHC card not over 32GB will work in the AirSense 10.

I would blame the three weeks between Sydney and Queensland on Customs, typically brutally slow — but you folks might be using kangaroos to go between the two.   Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Actually, a 2GB SD card or any SDHC card not over 32GB will work in the AirSense 10.

Thanks for the correction, Shaun.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2018, 08:03 PM)parrot Wrote: Yes did that but comes up with " date and time can not be set in the past".

First off, be sure you're not dealing with a date format problem. In the USA, September 5, is "11/5." In Oz it's "5/11." If you're trying to set the date to the Oz format of "5/11," you'll have problems. I have no idea if this is your problem. I don't know the format the AirSense uses to display dates.

The "date and time can not be set in the past" is a badly worded message. You can set it into the past, you just can't set it to a time before the last time you used it. Otherwise, you'd be screwed every time you move across time zones.

Several possible solutions if that's not your problem. Each number is a separate option to try:

1) Go into the clinicians menu and see what the date and time is set to. If it's set, for instance, 16 hours into the future, don't turn on the blower for 17 hours and then you should be able to set the date to the correct time. That should work.

2) If you need to set the time back 13 hours, and it won't let you, try 6 hours, then 3, etc., until you find something that works. Then try setting it back until it won't let you do even one hour. Turn the machine off and try again tomorrow.

3) Erase the recorded data as others have mentioned and try changing the date again before turning the blower on.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
archangle Wrote:In the USA, September 5, is "11/5." In Oz it's "5/11."

Well who knows what it is in America, but in Australia 5 September is 5/9. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my airsense 10 autoset from America. 0 import duties 0 gst (though it was before the recent changes to gst laws below 1k)

I had no problem setting date/time. Currently use a 16gb toshiba wifi sdcard. When I do have the cell stuff on, it hooks up to Vodaphone AU, and gets decent signal. I use that only for updates/upgrades - airplane mode for the most part.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2018, 04:41 AM)Keljian Wrote: I got my airsense 10 autoset from America. 0 import duties 0 gst (though it was before the recent changes to gst laws below 1k)

CPAP machines are GST exempt.

Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) appliances exemption code B124
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/busi/duty...ortations)
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2018, 08:07 AM)cands Wrote:
(09-18-2018, 04:41 AM)Keljian Wrote: I got my airsense 10 autoset from America. 0 import duties 0 gst (though it was before the recent changes to gst laws below 1k)

CPAP machines are GST exempt.

Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) appliances exemption code B124
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/busi/duty...ortations)

True, though many people have reported being hit with a customs handling charge of $50, which lately has risen to $90. But you're quite right, there's no import duty or GST applicable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,030 10 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 146 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 180 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 398 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 831 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 253 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.