Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP making me more tired?
CPAP making me more tired?
Thank you to all for help with my previous posts on the machine noise. I have not gotten the DME to take this seriously and their last reply was tell me that the last time they sent a machine back to ResMed the company said there was nothing wrong so they won't do that anymore. Still have noise, but it did abate some with putting something underneath the machine and re-checking the hose connections.

However, even with really, really, and really again wanting to make this work, I am waking up more tired then before CPAP, and have a headache which I did not have before. I'm not sleeping well and find myself more in a twilight sleep where I am semi-awake and listening to the breathing echo at the mask and machine.

The DME company is not helpful and any time I ask a question or make a statement about the machine or mask their response is "I've never heard that before" and do no give any suggestions to help.

I asked if the pressure range could be increased since I am waking up at the same time every night and unknown if I need more pressure, now at Autoset 4-6. My primary is not willing to change without another oximetry test which is fine. My average AHI is 2 per hour, and mask leak is minimal per ResMed Myair site. The tech at the DME said I was going up to 6 and pretty much staying there.

One of the respiratory techs at the DME said that some people never feel better on CPAP which is very depressing.

Any suggestions?
P10 Nasal Pillows - Changed to Mediums after the smalls starting leaking after washing. 3 weeks on CPAP.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP making me more tired?
based on that numbers I would be asking if you have other sleep issues.
I am sure you know the check list:
Bathroom needs
too much Caffeine
Using screens at bed (supposedly blueish light, read with a Sepia tone when I do use a screen at night. )
Plus each person adapts at different rate.. I used to fall asleep ushering 110db music / laser shows so noise is not an issue for me unless my brain is thinking about something

Noisewise Supposedly the Airsense is 26.9 db I know my Intellipap is listed at 26 db and I can't hear the unit at all unless I hang my head over the side of the bed. Much better than them old REMSTAR Pro M. I use a nasal mask and still barely have any sound. I do have a padded covering on the hose which dampens noise that can be transmitted along the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dagmar1,
Download sleepyhead software, then post a couple graphs here for us to look at.
I would bet your pressure range of 4 to 6 is too low.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2015, 01:32 PM)Dagmar1 Wrote: The tech at the DME said I was going up to 6 and pretty much staying there.
This is a good indication the machine want to go higher, sometimes just a small increase will do the trick
It does not mean, if you increased the maximum pressure, the pressure will go higher than whats is needed
The minimum pressure is far more important, too low would feel not getting enough air or too high would feel uncomfortable

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2015, 04:05 PM)zonk Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 01:32 PM)Dagmar1 Wrote: The tech at the DME said I was going up to 6 and pretty much staying there.
This is a good indication the machine want to go higher, sometimes just a small increase will do the trick
It does not mean, if you increased the maximum pressure, the pressure will go higher than whats is needed
The minimum pressure is far more important, too low would feel not getting enough air or too high would feel uncomfortable

My Dr said if the pressure was always at the low end in my case he would see that as a reason to move it.. but I am 10-18 Will be trying 8-16 for a few nights..

Your DR needs to know he may want to raise your pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't recall the age of your machine but try replacing the intake filter. That may help with the noise some.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all, a quick update.

The machine was new when I picked it up in summer 2015.

The DME replaced the humidifier which has helped with the noise, but still using ear plugs and noise abatement items around the machine.

The Nurse Practitioner refused to increase my pressure, I'm unable to see my primary doctor (who prescribed the machine) now that I saw the nurse practitioner, they switched me over for care.

I upped my maximum to 6.4, still need to download SH, but do not have a card reader yet.

Insurance has not sent out supplies since the first part of September.........

Thank you for your help.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2015, 04:53 PM)wordjoy Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 04:05 PM)zonk Wrote:

My Dr said if the pressure was always at the low end in my case he would see that as a reason to move it.. but I am 10-18 Will be trying 8-16 for a few nights..

Your DR needs to know he may want to raise your pressure.

It is my understanding that changing pressures for a few nights is not enought. More time should be given for every pressure range change.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dagmar, we're flying blind here without the data. You can find an USB SD card reader at any electronics store or on Amazon for about ten bucks. What's the delay? Pressure may, or may not be the answer. Get a SD card reader, and we can help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2015, 02:14 AM)Dagmar1 Wrote: Hi all, a quick update.

The machine was new when I picked it up in summer 2015.

The DME replaced the humidifier which has helped with the noise, but still using ear plugs and noise abatement items around the machine.

The Nurse Practitioner refused to increase my pressure, I'm unable to see my primary doctor (who prescribed the machine) now that I saw the nurse practitioner, they switched me over for care.

I upped my maximum to 6.4, still need to download SH, but do not have a card reader yet.

Insurance has not sent out supplies since the first part of September.........

Thank you for your help.

You can still download sleepyhead and that will be one thing done.
A card reader is fairly cheap. Google it. Shouldn't have to spend that much.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 235 7 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 51 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 69 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,987 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 182 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.