Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP making my eyes very puffy, drying my hair and skin, causing it to itch
CPAP making my eyes very puffy, drying my hair and skin, causing it to itch
I have been on CPAP for a couple of months and my eyes have become puffier, my hair is very dry and the skin on my head is itching from the dryness. I have a humidifier set on its default setting of 4. Is this normal and can something be done about it? My F30 mask is not leaking much accordingly to sleepyhead.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: CPAP making my eyes very puffy, drying my hair and skin, causing it to itch
CPAP and its humidifier will not affect the dryness of your scalp. It's winter time in most parts of the U.S. and our heating systems will dry out the air. The more difference between inside and outside temperatures, the more the relative humidity drops. You may need a room or whole house humidifier for comfort. As the weather warms this Spring, you should start to feel a difference. Be careful not to over-tighten straps as this can cause the puffiness in your eyes and you may want to consider wearing a thin silk head cover. Read the mask primer in my signature links for how to best fit and wear your full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you rotate the hose elbow 180° so the air is blowing down toward your chin? That helps me a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Periorbital Edema Secondary to Positive Airway Pressure Therapy

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/criopm/2015/126501/
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 89 3,738 Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Last Post: mdmarmd
  AirFit N30i mask OK for people with short head hair? vroomvroom 4 168 03-20-2019, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  [Equipment] skin irritation [SoClean to blame?] FatherCarrozza 28 3,985 03-17-2019, 12:43 PM
Last Post: BeepSleep
  R.E.M. Causing Heavy Eyes?? CPAPUserDave 1 111 03-05-2019, 07:42 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Masks causing breakouts gsxr1k 4 180 03-04-2019, 03:36 AM
Last Post: crowtor
  Using my ASV causing breathing problems during the day pmartin12 7 248 02-24-2019, 04:41 PM
Last Post: rnrcpap
  [Equipment] Rebreathing causing Hypercapnia (CO2 – Carbon Dioxide Poisoning) HULK 63 16,620 02-13-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: mdmarmd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.