Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP mask recommendation
CPAP mask recommendation
I'm about a month into using my Resmed Airsense 10 and it seems to be working out well.  However, I have the Phillips gel pillows mask and it is irritating my nose and making it sore.

I am thinking about switching and trying out one of the nasal masks that just rest under your nose.  Who has tried out this type of mask?  I know Resmed makes one and Phillips.  Trying to decide which one to try.  I think it would be more comfortable for sure, but wondering about leaks, etc.

Thanks for any input anyone has to give!
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP mask recommendation
If you want to try out an under the nose "cradle" mask, might I suggest DreamWear from Phillips (With the New Headgear) over the ResMed N30i. Both have similar designs, but the DreamWear works better for me

Here is my original comparison... http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...=dreamwear

Hopefully, this will work for you. Many of us had quite a battle with trial-and-error testing to find a mask that works for us.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I think i will try that! I'm tired of a sore nose.
Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got the ResMed N30i and the cushions for P30i that fit the N frame. I've only had limited use with it while my therapy went off the cliff.

A 3rd company to consider is Fisher & Paykel. I've yet to try their nasal masks, but the full face Vitera is great. Just another option with the F&P brand.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 119 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 825 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 264 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Significant noise from mask since change of CPAP machine! SwissTruffle 7 702 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.