Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
[mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
Hey guys, 

I am new to the forum here because honestly ever since I got my CPAP machine during July, I haven't been able to sleep properly with it on. I originally made a thread about my current situation with CPAP machine  on Sleep Apnea Reddit, which entitled What is going on with my sleep apnea? Have I been misdiagnosed ? (screen shots of results included)

Tomorrow I will be posting my results, as I could wear the mask because it gets caught in the 4.0 range, which is no good. I have ResMed10 specifically. I might as well post a question about while I am at it. Anyway, I deeply impressed with the incredible knowledge bases here, I am so happy that people want to help each other out for better sleep !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello, I am new to the forum
Download OSCAR from the link at the top of the site. Then use your card from your machine in the computer. Use the F12 key to take the screen shot. Post the last couple days today and get feedback to set your machine tonight.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
are you the same mb635 I've (beerdujour) been working with on reddit?.  If so please attach your sleep studies and OSCAR nightly charts so the experts here can best help you.
You can attach the screenshots even though you cannot yet post a link.
Post Reply Post Reply
Helllo ! Yes I will be posting them now, I will post them in a separate thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interpreting my results
So here is my results from ResMed10 CPAP machine, for whatever reason the specific data collected from the 3rd and 4th of September didn't upload, fortunately I do have the results from last night. If I need anymore data to show I will do so.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
In order to maintain continuity, please keep as much as you can in a single thread.  We can always rename it.

The 2 threads have been merged.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset Sleep Analysis
You obviously have complex or predominately central sleep apnea, don't tolerate the CPAP and need to get a prescription for ASV. The adaptive servo ventilator will use adaptive pressure support to resolve the central apnea and at the same time the steady exhale pressure will maintain a patent airway avoiding obstruction. Have you talked to your doctor about a titration study for Bilevel and ASV?

Fred, you have more experience with this individual, what did you get?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to see the above OSCAR results to confirm what I read on the sleep study
Diagnosis is OSA, AHI 8.2
68 events 6 Obstructive Apnea 16 'Suspected' Central Apnea so 73% central Apnea

https://imgur.com/a/92idDCQ (Sleep Test)

and without doubt the OSCAR Charts put the explanation point on the misdeed and the strong need for an ASV
I had encouraged her work on her doctor to get the diagnosis changed to some form of Central to better justify the getting of an ASV as you have described above.

Call and talk to your doctor today, tomorrow and everyday until you get action on getting an ASV tomorrow!

Alternately we can guide you to self purchasing an ASV which will get you relief much faster.

FYI IMHO SleepRider is the best at interpreting charts of anyone I know, and I know a lot of people doing it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay can someone tell me how I woudl go about getting an ASV ? I know Google is a click a way but I need to budget since I am still a college student.
Post Reply Post Reply
2 places a web site DOTMED has used machines and probably at a lower cost unless you just come across one on Craigslist. The 2nd is #2 supplier on the supplier list at the top ribbon of this site. This is an excellent company. I purchased a used one from them and highly recommend them.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.