Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
RE: [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
If me, no. Run this one edit and revisit in a day. You're pretty close to being dialed in. Make it easy on yourself by one change only are a time. But that's just my take.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay that's great. My EPAP os 4.0 tp 7.0
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay so here are my results from last night. One thing that I think I need some guidance on is how to properly do shallow breathing when using this PS or EPAP ( or alternatively change the EPAP or PS to something else). What I found was, that it was almost like a workout for my lungs trying to do shallow breathing. At times, I would relax and let the machine pump air into my lungs without actually doing conscious breathing because I was tired from it.  It may just come with time with using the machine.  There were several times I got up because I needed to get some water, it was hot in the room where I sleep.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Just to add to your comment Sleeprider, when you say fully relaxed do you mean just before falling asleep? I think if that's the case, I didn't do that, but I did take a couple of shallow breaths before putting the mask on. From now on, I will do the following:

1.) I will put the mask on my face without strapping it on completely. What I found was that I took those shallow breaths, as I would strap the mask on there was no air so naturally it was like holding my breath in, and the ASV machine pumped in accordingly. 

2.) Spend at least 15 minutes doing the shallow breathing, turn the machine on, strap the mask on. 

Does this sound good? I refuse to give up, I believe that I will find what works for me in this regard.
Post Reply Post Reply
The events side of the story look OK except your leak rate, the fact of fragmented sleep, and that you're registering so little time on therapy. In this case it appears to only have been a total of 1 hour and 4 minutes.

EPAP is about as low as it goes at 4-7 so I doubt going less will be of any help. If anything it'll probably make things worse stat wise. EPAP is what will treat your Obstructive events excepting flow limits.

Now the good is that the increased PS Max means it's not maxing out as it was.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So is this a call for me to just keep going with the prescribed settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd continue as is for ASV settings, but try to see about addressing the leaks. Go by actually feeling the leaks or not. And it's not supposed to be made tight enough to be uncomfortable or painful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: I didn't wear the machine last night that much, as I just stuck with normal sleeping. I had work in the morning so I thought about just going to the default for myself. I will be wearing it tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to follow-up on your last posted chart, the beginning of your sessions look much better. The flow rate is no longer much greater than your normal sleeping respiratory flow rate, and the pressure support of the ASV is not flattening out at the maximum.  Biggest problem is fragmentation and short duration of therapy. Let's compare:

Before:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=33639]

After:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=33669]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thank you for the response. So does this mean that persistence is key? I am going to keep trying no matter what, I will admit that I do get tired while wearing it hence the reason why I take the mask off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 70 7 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 98 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,449 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 109 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 996 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 157 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 697 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.