Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
RE: [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
Alright everyone I have an update:

I have had two sessions with my pulmonoglist since the last time I have posted here. So my pulmonoglist requested that I try my older CPAP machine for 10 days. As per what I have discussed with all of you in the past, I have yet to be successful with the regular CPAP machine. Upon my specific request I have requested the ASV prescription. The machine is runs for about $3000+ new. In addition to this, he desired me to purchase a SnoreRx mouth guard and try the CPAP machine again, while also sleeping in an elevated position. I am awaiting for the mouth guard to come in the mail. 

In the meantime, I need some advice as to what I should do about getting another ASV. I am in need of assistance of finding one that is affordable, as I am coming up short. I have checked DotMed and I can't seem to find one. The only one that I can find is about 1,100 and apparently it's the only listing. I know that's kind of a beg. But I would appreciate any help in that regard.

Additionally, I am wondering about if you all had some advice about sleeping elevated. I have tried repeatedly, and I just can't seem to do it on a regular schedule. My new plan is the following: get so exhausted to the point where my body is forced to just sleep on the elevated position. Meaning: I won't fall asleep until I can get used to the elevated cushion I have set up with the two pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
The Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV New in box is $2149 at Supplier #2. They have always provided very low-hour used machines with a warranty, and been very good backing up that up. The lightly used ASV is $1595. If you call, they will quote you exactly how many run hours it has.

I use a search engine called SearchTempest that looks through all Craigslist listing in a range I can specify. I use the search terms Resmed ASV. I found an ASV listed in Perrysville, Ohio on the Mansfield, OH Craigslist for $300. Another Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV is listed in the Boston Craigslist for $175. Another one with 1575 hours in Littleton, CO for $900. A listing in Mesa, AZ for $1000 has only 17.5 hours.

I have no problems using Craigslist for these machines as long as the seller provides an image of the clinical menu screen showing the run hours, and I talk with them directly. You need to come to terms for payment and shipping. I usually use PayPal which has some protection for both buyers and sellers. Unlike vehicles, the CPAP machines are just an unlikely source of scams.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much, I will be searching on this ASAP which is right now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 10 Autoset and Elite Benzi 15 269 1 hour ago
Last Post: Benzi
  Humidifier, AirSense 10, AutoSet g200 4 128 Yesterday, 12:24 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] Help with Settings -Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto GrantT 15 333 02-23-2021, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Please help me diagnose this ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet noise - YouTube link added UncollapseMeThroat 26 1,031 02-22-2021, 02:25 PM
Last Post: AlanF51SA
  Airsense 10 Autoset not writing to SD card u4ea 0 56 02-20-2021, 05:41 PM
Last Post: u4ea
  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto - Auto Shut Off FifthAvenue 1 76 02-20-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Aircurve Vauto - Want to change rise time/easy breathe but keep auto benefits Sugarvenom 9 176 02-19-2021, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.