Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
RE: [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
Alright everyone I have an update:

I have had two sessions with my pulmonoglist since the last time I have posted here. So my pulmonoglist requested that I try my older CPAP machine for 10 days. As per what I have discussed with all of you in the past, I have yet to be successful with the regular CPAP machine. Upon my specific request I have requested the ASV prescription. The machine is runs for about $3000+ new. In addition to this, he desired me to purchase a SnoreRx mouth guard and try the CPAP machine again, while also sleeping in an elevated position. I am awaiting for the mouth guard to come in the mail. 

In the meantime, I need some advice as to what I should do about getting another ASV. I am in need of assistance of finding one that is affordable, as I am coming up short. I have checked DotMed and I can't seem to find one. The only one that I can find is about 1,100 and apparently it's the only listing. I know that's kind of a beg. But I would appreciate any help in that regard.

Additionally, I am wondering about if you all had some advice about sleeping elevated. I have tried repeatedly, and I just can't seem to do it on a regular schedule. My new plan is the following: get so exhausted to the point where my body is forced to just sleep on the elevated position. Meaning: I won't fall asleep until I can get used to the elevated cushion I have set up with the two pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV New in box is $2149 at Supplier #2. They have always provided very low-hour used machines with a warranty, and been very good backing up that up. The lightly used ASV is $1595. If you call, they will quote you exactly how many run hours it has.

I use a search engine called SearchTempest that looks through all Craigslist listing in a range I can specify. I use the search terms Resmed ASV. I found an ASV listed in Perrysville, Ohio on the Mansfield, OH Craigslist for $300. Another Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV is listed in the Boston Craigslist for $175. Another one with 1575 hours in Littleton, CO for $900. A listing in Mesa, AZ for $1000 has only 17.5 hours.

I have no problems using Craigslist for these machines as long as the seller provides an image of the clinical menu screen showing the run hours, and I talk with them directly. You need to come to terms for payment and shipping. I usually use PayPal which has some protection for both buyers and sellers. Unlike vehicles, the CPAP machines are just an unlikely source of scams.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much, I will be searching on this ASAP which is right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone! After months of saving, I finally got a new ASV. That's the reason why this thread has been so silent. So, I was able to purchase another one. It has no bad smells and functions wonderfully. I wore the ASV for the longest time yet, and although I couldn't sleep with it completely, I think it may just be a matter of me just training my lungs to it. I have posted 3 out of the 5 image data from last night using OSCAR.

I used the following presure:
ASVauto
EPAP min 4.0
EPAP max 7.0
PS min 1.0
PS max 10.0

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is other data from last night:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That's a very busy ASV. If you tolerate more PS, then my recommendation is to bring PS max to 12 as you are consistently capped out at the maximum now. Your quietest sleep through the night corresponds with a long period of more rapid breathing and lower tidal volume from 21:45 to 22:15. I think that this is at least partially the result of very deep breathing while you are still awake and starting to use the ASV. This establishes a relatively high minute vent target, so as you start to relax and take more shallow breaths, the ASV compensates with higher PS. It may help to consciously use a higher respiration rate and shallower breathing as your start your therapy, or to delay putting on the mask until you are fully relaxed, but before you fall asleep. This is really common with initial use of the ASV as people tend to hyperventilate in anticipation of the ASV pressures. Look at your charts and notice the very high flow rates, high tidal volume and relatively high respiration rates at the beginning of your sessions. Try to let this need for high ventilation to pass before beginning therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So you are saying that I should bump up PS and then leave the EPAP the way it is?
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what it sounds like to me. Edit PS Max to 12 to prevent this pressure flat top stuff. The ASV is trying to tell you to turn up pressure. See the image with arrows and near flat lines. THAT tells me your ASV is begging for higher Max.

[attachment=33657]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
PS there's other flat topped sections, I just choose the first ones. PS Max 12, but it may need adjusted again.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay thank you very much. I have set it to the PS 12, should I lower the EPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 18 347 26 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.