Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
RE: [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset Sleep Analysis
Hello ! I am so sorry that I haven't responded to this page in so long: school and setting up the test rally affected my schedule. I went ahead and tried the 5.0-8.0 and I couldn't really sleep with it on. Although I will try it again however. Needless to say, I took the titration sleep test as per what my doctor advised. I apparently needed to take a titration study with my original sleep study, but there was an issue with the paper work. 

Here are my results from the titration study, please note that I had a different mask when I was at the facility.
https://imgur.com/a/eXYkgRN
Post Reply Post Reply
I read a lot of variabilities, 
I expect that they will conclude CPAP at 12 cmw

They blew through 9 because they caught 3 CA events in 10 minutes

Note that increased pressure does tend to increase CAI, This study shows it bouncing all around.  When you are reviewing full nights of data we see hours without Central events. Bases on your diagnostic study with 73% Centrals and your Titration Study showing 33% (+/-) Centrals I expect to see you fighting central apnea in the future.
You had RERAs throughout the Titration Studies. This means that your Flow Limits are at least a bit elevated.  This means that you need EPR or PS involved in your therapy. This means The ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (has EPR) it a BiLevel such as the ResMed AirCurve 19 VAuto (BiLevel with PS) BUT. . . 
You have a substantial number of central apneas.  This means that in all likelihood you will end up on an ASV (ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV) which is a BiLevel designed to treat Central Apnea and the obstructive events above.
Your doc will point out that pressures of 10 and 12 had no Central Apneas and thus no ASV.  Do note that typically Central Apneas are what we call Consistently Inconsistent meaning that they will bounce all over the place.

Your approach needs to be, "assuming I retain persistent Central Apneas what is my path to an ASV?"
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much ! I am scheduling  a time with my doctor right now, I noticed that you mentioned someone or something by the name of SleepRider? Where can I contact this individual?  What else could I need from this information?

Also with my current CPAP, what other settings should I use for the time being? 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
He is following this thread
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys. No difference here from what Fred has suggested regarding pressure support from bilevel or at least an Airsense 10. I try not to step on threads where things are already going in the right direction
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to start another thread about advice, specifically for interacting with my doctor. I will just send it here: So essentially I requested a prescription for the ResMed 10 ASV to my doctor. He immediately sent the request to the desk person who deals with getting prescriptions for sleep related ailments. The woman has refused to send an ASV prescription to the equipment provider, and actually called me up and said that I was preventing her from doing her job. The woman said to me in past calls that I should see a pulmonologist for this.  I convened with the equipment company and they said that they only received a new prescription for a mask. I don't know if I should see my doctor at this point or just buy an ASV on craiglist. The  The critical information here is the following: my doctor admitted to me that I was supposed to take a titration study  immediately after the at home sleep study that I took. I was dealing with two different doctors between June and August.  The thing is, I already bought the original CPAP....should I try to sell it since isn't working? 

As a side note: Bonjour you were correct in predicting that they would set up a CMV of 12 when I interacted with my healthcare-equipment provider. They now want me to purchase another mask for that's for 150 dollars. Personally, I am not sure if I am confident in buying a mask with a machine that I know hasn't helped me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2020, 12:50 PM)bonjour Wrote: I read a lot of variabilities, 
I expect that they will conclude CPAP at 12 cmw

They blew through 9 because they caught 3 CA events in 10 minutes

Note that increased pressure does tend to increase CAI, This study shows it bouncing all around.  When you are reviewing full nights of data we see hours without Central events. Bases on your diagnostic study with 73% Centrals and your Titration Study showing 33% (+/-) Centrals I expect to see you fighting central apnea in the future.
You had RERAs throughout the Titration Studies. This means that your Flow Limits are at least a bit elevated.  This means that you need EPR or PS involved in your therapy. This means The ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (has EPR) it a BiLevel such as the ResMed AirCurve 19 VAuto (BiLevel with PS) BUT. . . 
You have a substantial number of central apneas.  This means that in all likelihood you will end up on an ASV (ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV) which is a BiLevel designed to treat Central Apnea and the obstructive events above.
Your doc will point out that pressures of 10 and 12 had no Central Apneas and thus no ASV.  Do note that typically Central Apneas are what we call Consistently Inconsistent meaning that they will bounce all over the place.

Your approach needs to be, "assuming I retain persistent Central Apneas what is my path to an ASV?"

Bonjour, 

When you get the chance, please the prior message I sent. Re-reading your post in this thread, I was wondering if this was the ASV you were referring to: 

I am not sure if this is the model 19 that you were talking about in regards to the model number...

In regards to your consistently inconsistent comment, what settings would I need to put on the machine  if this is the correct one? One piece of information that was helpful during the titration study was that I was given an f20 mask, but it can't connect to the machine I have currently. So I will be purchasing this most likely by myself and not through my equipment provider.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 19 was a typo on the 10 series sorry. I was referring to the latest VAuto there.

I do see you getting the ASV
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW Dave says these doctors aren't too bright and sound like ducks.

The sleep study had you with 16 CA to 6 OA, meaning that for every OA you have 2.7 CA. Not acceptable in my opinion.

The setting of 12 worked to avoid CA ONE night for that titration. Not exactly trend setting. We do call CA consistently inconsistent. OK, a question, what does the PAP you do have give on CA counts routinely? I'm assuming you've used it. Are CA equal or higher than OA nightly and/or overall usage counts? If yes to either, you need an ASV, specifically a ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. And you need better docs. Quack.

Get a notebook and write down all your ongoing symptoms and complaints. You are documenting for medical necessity. Save some OSCAR charts too; ditto for these as documenting need. Lastly, tell the quack you will get a signed ASV script or you leave to get another doctor. And don't bother with that mask for now. Get the machine thing settled ASAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey everyone

I am trying to purchase an f20 mask, I was given one by my sleep technologist but the pipe wasn't the same as original one I was given with CPAP machine, here they are in pictures. The first picture is the one that I was given but I am looking for a f20 mask that will connect to the pipe in the second picture and the fourth one as well.

https://imgur.com/a/gIjWYaA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 124 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 844 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 570 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.