Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
RE: [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset Sleep Analysis
What does the machine say in the bottom right as this does not look like an ASV but an S or possibly an ST nothing like an ASV I am afraid
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not think you were provided an ASV. My ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV does not have S mode only CPAP ASV ASV Auto. You were sold or sent the wrong machine if ASV was expected. Do check the labels or the front panel lower right the see what it says in metallic lettering. Quite certain it's not ASV. Second check is to attempt mode change. Tell us what you see. I'll snap images of mine to show what should be on it.

back in a min
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would need to specifically know what machine this is. It is clearly NOT and ASV. The possibilities are
S
S/T
VAuto

Do you want S mode settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
My ASV has this on the front

[attachment=27811]

The Mode screen in Clinical Menu

[attachment=27812]

Settings within ASV Auto

[attachment=27813]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you bought this with a description of being ASV, the seller is wrong. It is definitely not an ASV. Was this machine you received expected to be ASV? They definitely told you ASV? Return it for refund, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
It says AirCurve 10 S on the machine, so it looks like this is the wrong thing. Thankfully there is a refund but what was getting me confused was the following: - RESMED Aircurve VPAP S Bi-Level BIPAP 37046 Bi-level PAP. Note: that the S Curve does not show it's itself in the title description. Can someone send/show me the proper model that I should be buying? Because I am honestly very confused about the model that I needed. I put ASV in the DotMed description and this was one of the options. I don't think it was false advertisement just a bad search engine result.
Post Reply Post Reply
The name is ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. No other machine will do. Do not get hung up on it saying bilevel or BPAP, because the ASV is BPAP as well but with backup rate. Look for ASV, if it's not that go on to the next one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay everyone, I finally got the ASV machine and I was wondering what I should for the settings, please note that this is out-of-box settings. It's the first photo in the link. Let me know if you need to me post the previous tests.

https://imgur.com/a/n1LKDm1
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the reception of the ASV.

Settings as follows:
Mode ASV Auto
EPAP Min 5 or 6 and Max 13
PS Min 3 Max 12

some variant like above, but not titration, but titration is the following if it is preferred:
Mode ASV Auto
EPAP 4-15
PS 3-15
see the OSCAR chart after a night's use and we can edit it a bit if needed

In both the above setups, IPAP is the sum of EPAP and PS each moment. All 3 pressure ranges are like an automobile CVT, they constantly vary over the physical parameters Min and Max you set. Each of the 3 interact with the others. And IPAP is not a setting you control directly by setting numbers, you may however indirectly dictate the IPAP by manipulating EPAP and PS settings if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the ASV. I see you are currently in ASV mode with EPAP min 5.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 10.0.  This is very close to the ASV mode settings recommended by Resmed except the PS max is too low.   I think you should use ASVauto mode which will automatically titrate the needed EPAP pressure.  The recommended starting settings for  ASVauto mode are EPAP min 4.0, EPAP max 15.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 15.0.  I don't see any reason not to use these default settings since you are a true central apnea patient, and have shown no need for higher EPAP.  Your machine will only use the pressure and pressure support needed to maintain your respiration rate and volume, so the maximum pressure settings should not come into play, however after your first night using the default settings, we may make adjustment based on comfort or unexpected machine behavior.  For now, my recommendation is ASVauto at default settings. See the lower-right of the figure below.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 560 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.