Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
RE: [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset Sleep Analysis
Just a quick note, I want to change the title of this thread to reflect your journey from Airsense 10 to ASV. Let me know if that is okay.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is definetly fine. Also here is what I changed in my settings, please let me know if this is the correct settings as I am aiming to test this tonight.
https://imgur.com/a/xdfIe7Q
[Image: mN6TYIi.jpg]

[Image: oWzcNCz.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Those are not the correct settings change the mode to AutoASV then you will be have a minimum and max Epap. Leve min Epap at 5 max Epap to 15. I would also raise max ps to 12
Post Reply Post Reply
I am getting different sets of information here: 

Suggested by Sarcastic Dave
Settings as follows:
Mode ASV Auto
EPAP Min 5 or 6 and Max 13
PS Min 3 Max 12

some variant like above, but not titration, but titration is the following if it is preferred:
Mode ASV Auto
EPAP 4-15
PS 3-15
see the OSCAR chart after a night's use and we can edit it a bit if needed

So I just changed the settings like you suggested but kept maximum PS at 15

New Setting: https://imgur.com/a/H0Ygwm2
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks better, we will tune the machine later if needed be critical how you feel and how your machine felt. It won’t use the higher numbers unless it feels it needs to. if as your falling asleep it seems to be blowing at you blow back hard and it will back off try to breath evenly and slowly as you attempt to sleep to minimise the machine taking charge as you relax for sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct as jaswilliams mentioned the blowback. Just be sure Mode states ASVAuto (the bottom setting in mode) so EPAP Min and Max appears for you to set them or you're likely on ASV with static EPAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please post another image of your settings. In your last image you were set at ASV mode with EPAP 15. That is wrong! You must be in ASVauto mode not ASV.

I still think you are better off with
Mode: ASVauto
EPAP min: 4.0
EPAP max: 15.0
PS min: 3.0
PS max 15.0.

I actually don't have a big problem with Dave's suggestion at EPAP min 5.0, EPAP max 10.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 10.0, except I'd like to see the default.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
This is a picture of the settings they look good to me slightly higher min Epap 

[Image: PUlogEG.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, let's try default/titration starting point so as to know where this is beginning. I think some of those settings may have been mistook from my sample screenshot of my own new settings. But certainly, new machine clean slate start is a great idea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone, thank you so much for all your input. I making those adjusted settings as we speak. In the meantime. I tried using the ASV with my mask and I could breathe exceptionally well. It felt wonderful. One thing I noticed was that a bad smell was coming through the mask. I have gone ahead and wash the tube, the water holder, and the mask. If need be, I will report on Monday, and try the machine tomorrow night and with the new data on OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 450 37 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.