Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
RE: [mb635] - AirSense 10 Autoset to Aircurve 10 ASV
Okay, here are my results from last night. I got longer this time, so it looks like I am in the right direction here. One thing that I noticed last night was that I had a little bit of the opposite problem from that last two nights: I seemed to have less air this time around even tho 4.0 was really great on Tuesday evening. Here are the results:
https://imgur.com/a/Nc3ehh6
Post Reply Post Reply
The lack of air issue can be addressed by consideration of making EPAP Min 5 as this tends to add the feeling of more air. As EPAP Min is the absolute minimum air, a slight bump is the direction of pressure bumps I'd suggest. And if you'd not want to change from 4 to 5, remember the ResMeds do fractional pressures of .2, so bump it up from somewhere between 4.2-5. See if that addresses the need. Note that if you were more relaxed when masking up, that too can have an affect on how it felt. If this applies, then this is likely what your normal mask on scenario is most likely to be. And congrats on zeros, sorry they don't issue negative numbers.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thank you I will try that tonight. Did you see the PS 1.0-10.0  as advocated by the other user here? Should I change that as well?
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe I saw the PS of 1-10 as mentioned, that is what OSCAR reports was active on the last use.

My opinion says no at this stage of therapy on changing EPAP and PS. We are in the fine tune stage IMO, so limit it to one adjustment only if at all possible. If you can handle it do the full step bump from 4 to 5 EPAP Min, and follow-up tomorrow with OSCAR and feedback. I feel we're close to a good running setup, but it is good to keep a sharp watch on the progress. Just to be certain we don't go backwards.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay last night I couldn't wear the mask the full time again. I should have mentioned this before, but because I was so geared to get through this process, I didn't talk about an issue that I have with the machine. First day I got the machine, I tried wearing the mask and there was a bad scent from the ASV itself. I mean, the air pumping through had a sour (?) scent to it. I am not sure if I can call it rancid, but perhaps artificial? I called the vendor and he said that I should try taking a sponge with vinegar on the side vent. He wants to follow up with me to ensure I get rid of it. He has given me a full refund for the previous Bipap I have purchased Now that I mention this, I have extra cotton filters (?) and I will replace the one that came with the machine.

What would be the cause of this unusual smell? Today, I have cleaned the mask, water container, and tube with soap+water.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd say to rinse out the hose, mask, humidifier tub with Dawn or similar and hot water as part 1. You could check the filter, but it's likely not the source. There is this a way to soak cotton balls with different cleaner materials like Ozium as one example. This is found at Wally World/WalMart, Target, probably Auto Zone, Advance Auto, etc. You soak the cotton ball and place it in front of the air intake. It does not go into the machine directly however. Let the machine run to draw the scent in, having it run a few minutes at the most. See if that helps, and check for others' feedback on this too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you fully cleaned the humidity chamber? Try narrowing down the source of the odor by wearing the mask, add the tube, hook it up to the machine. As you do this inhale nasally and exhale orally. When the component is added that has the odor, you have found the source.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would I be able to post my question on a separate post in this forum? The smell is indeed coming from inside the machine: https://imgur.com/a/ZMIWRuH
Post Reply Post Reply
You can try that separate post. It may attract new attention to see if others had had similar things about smell happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are asking how to put a new post in this forum... you must go to the home page and pick the forum you want to post in and there will be a button for a new thread.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 559 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.