Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP modems and remote changes to your settings without your knowledge
RE: CPAP modems and remote changes to your settings without your knowledge
Does anyone know how to REMOVE a pin? 

I set one to prevent changes, now would like to remove it as I don’t think I need in any more. I know my pin, just not how to remove it. Tried all the logical things I could. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please read the following

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Setup-Mode

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid252131

https://www.apneaboard.com/DreamStation-PIN-set.pdf
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just picked up my new Dreamstation Bi-Level Auto machine. When I got home and started to assemble it I found a manual for " Dreamstation Cellular Modem", I had never heard of them before. Needless to say my DME forgot (?) to tell me about it.
I don't like the idea of someone being able to snoop or make changes. I want to remove it.
My question is, will it throw the screws into my machine if I remove it. I'm not asking anyone to say "Yes, remove it." , but, " Yes/No, it won't hurt your machine or its settings."

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks to All.
Bompa  Coffee Huh Dont-know
Please Take Care, Stay Safe and follow the guidelines to Stay Healthy!  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Just unplug it and remove it
Post Reply Post Reply
I will add that on my DreamStation machine, I have adjusted my own pressures, but if I leave the modem in for more than a few hours, the DME-assigned settings will kick back in and return it to the default setting (which happens to be wide-open or pressure set to the 4-20 cmH2O level.  Unacceptible for me.

So, I've simply removed the modem (it's as simple as unplugging the machine and sliding the modem module out).

But, in order to keep getting regular CPAP supplies, the modem needs to communicate with the DME and/or sleep doctor to ensure I'm compliant with my therapy.  So, as the modem needs to transmit compliance data, once a month, I put the modem back in and go into the user settings and select the option to upload data.  That process usually takes about 3-5 minutes or less, then I unplug the machine again, and remove the modem until next month.

Doing it this way makes sure they cannot remotely change my settings.  If I leave the modem in all the time, my settings are eventually changed to whatever they set it at originally.

This has proved to work fine, and my DME and sleep doc have no clue that I don't regularly keep the modem in.  And my sleep doc even knows that I adjust my own settings and is fine with it, after I a brief discussion that revealed to him that I actually DO know what I'm talking about.

That's the nice thing about the DreamStation machines - the modem module is easily removable, unlike the ResMed machines that have them hard-wired into the circuit board.

If you're no longer required to prove compliance or you purchased your machine outright and you don't want any of your data to transmit to the "mother-ship", then you can remove the modem and keep it out all the time.  Just make sure your insurance company, DME and doctor aren't going to need that data for continued coverage.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is such a pertinent topic! As a new user I just went through this and where I thought the DME was on my side and listening to me, they went ahead and changed my settings without telling me and they were not what we talked about in person! The settings ended up keeping me up at night and not allowing me to sleep so I went ahead and adjusted my machine on my own because I have also learned that you have to be your own advocate as well as long as you understand the data and what you are doing. My DME is useless they are never available and never return my phone calls. Once I am done with the insurance compliance period I am going to remove the modem from my dreamstaion as I believe it is just a plug in module, I will still have the data card for the doctor if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone experiencing the settings being changed by an automated prescription monitor via the modem, need only call their doctor to update their prescription to what you have optimized. That should then be put into any DME database that monitors machine settings. If your doctor does not listen to you and make the change, he/she should not be your doctor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone.  Mission accomplished.
Thanks Thanks Coffee
Please Take Care, Stay Safe and follow the guidelines to Stay Healthy!  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
That is the good thing on DreamStation, having the wireless module accessible like that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2019, 02:08 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: That is the good thing on DreamStation, having the wireless module accessible like that.

Yup, I yanked mine. Banana

Just wait 'til we get IoT self-driving cars all connected to Elon Musk's Skynet or whatever he calls it.   Loco
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 93 04-18-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 128 04-18-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 335 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 264 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 514 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 312 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 298 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.