Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] my results dont mirror others
my results dont mirror others

Was diagnosed with moderate sleep anea about a month ago (18 events per hour). This was after years of snoring, blood pressure going up, weight, and extreme fatigue. 

When I received my dream station with wisp nasal mask, was set at 4, was getting an AHI of 2.4 or so per night. 

Learned how to adjust my own settings and decided on a tim the tool man move, ramped it up to 10 and then to 13. 

While I initially started feeling better, I am now back to feeling tired all the time again, which tells me that something is not working. 

My initial thought was to reduce the pressure to 10 and see how that goes, but when looking at the data, I have all these events all over the place and it doesnt look like any of the others on the board here. 

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: my results dont mirror others

here is my overview stats as well
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.
First Click on View/Reset graphs/Standard
That will rest the order of your charts. You are missing the Flow Rate which is the goto if we need to view closeups.
The most important charts are Events, Flow Rate, (Flow Limits for ResMed) Pressure, Leaks, and Snores.
Using F12 to take the screenshot will remove the calendar and pie chart, but you are ok because you are hiding nothing in the left sidebar,

Your numbers are good, so we need to know, critically and in detail, how do you feel. With each change that is made you need to tells us which 'feels' better.
The main 'weapon' you have is Pressure. Increasing pressure typically decreases obstructive events (it has either no effect on CA or tends to increase it)
An easy change to try is to reduce A-Flex from 3 to 2. This may decrease CA numbers. Do note that CA is 'Consistently Inconsistent', in other words, it jumps all over the place. That is normal. Be sure to tell us which is better and why.

I would like to see a 'smoother' Pressure graph with less variation. Increasing Pressure is the way to do this. So I'd bump up to min pressure to 14. Yes that is starting to get higher than most but my initial titration resulted in a Rx of 19 cmw CPAP. AQ few of us real lucky ones get the high ones. ALWAYS let us know which feel better, and why.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you for the response. I do not see a flow rate as an option in OSCAR, but reset the view to standard. Going to bump it up to 14 and change the flex to 2. 

when I went to 10, I felt better, but for the last week or so after going to 13, I have felt like crap, like I use to before I started doing this. I use a large wisp nose piece, however, had also used a full face mask (amara). I also use sleep tape to keep my mouth shut, which works great (was having dry mouth). 

Will see how tonight goes :-)

Also, gonna check out your links. The other thing is that this morning I woke up and was not able to breathe....and currently having issues with breathing. For some reason, was not able to pull enough air from the machine? 

Was going to switch to the full mask tonight and see if that helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have a Philips CPAP. They do not produce Flow Limit data.  They record FL's as an event. Also, you need to update your profile to reflect your CPAP equipment and settings.  This can help when reviewing your posts.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
updating now.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you click on Edit Profile, you are unable to edit this area?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Higher pressure may resolve the issues, but I see some clustering of the OA events suggesting a positional aspect may be at play. By that I mean you may be sleeping in a way that causes your chin to tuck toward your chest which can block the airway. Too many pillows or some sleep positions can cause this. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

So, last night switched back to a full face mask and ramped up the air to 14(from 13), changed the flex to 2 (from 3)....and my lung issues seemed worse. So, after about a 1/2 hour, I switched back to my nasal wisp masp, ramped it DOWN to 10. My lungs dont hurt today, feel more well rested, etc. 

Its weird that lowing the pressure, etc. actually improved everything. I am guessing that 10 is my "Sweet spot" for all of this. My AHI went down to 1.58, but its weird that I have all this activity. When I look at others, they have like 1 or 2, not a billion like me? 

My wife says she doesnt hear me snore, so I dont know what all those VS2s are. Gonna keep it at 10 for now unless someone sees something that I need to change. 

Again, thanks to all that commented!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Respironics and VS2 flags may be something like hose vibrations or something similar. An easy way to do a chart cleanup is to turn off the VS2 flag in OSCAR.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 180 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 132 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 473 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.