Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] need info ?
need info ?
Hi all, I am looking for info on a CPAP that can keep up with me. If I sleep on my side I am at 15 to 17, but when my body decides to be on back I am well over the limit of the machine. My hips hurt from side sleeping and if I sleep on back then no sleep.
the dirtiest word in the dictionary is CANCER as it knows no age, gender and or health Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need info ?
Alta, have you tried using an ergonomic pillow or soft foam cervical collar? Many people who experience a need for very high pressure due to sleep position can benefit from better alignment of the airway. If you really need a machine capable of higher pressures, I would suggest the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto. It is an auto bilevel machine with a fast auto pressure algorithm and a maximum pressure of 25. From what I'm seeing, you could justify this to insurance based on your pressure requirements. The Airsense 10 Auto CPAP may be useful, but is limited to 20 cm.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider for the info but alas it all comes out of my pocket as my apena was found after my workplace accident so no help there. I will look into what you say I should look at. Thanks again
the dirtiest word in the dictionary is CANCER as it knows no age, gender and or health Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I found a buckwheat chaff pillow to be very effective for stabilizing my head and keeping my airway better aligned. Go to amazon and search for CPAPfit pillow. It is priced at $49. There is a good review video. It can be configured to support your head and neck appropriately for either side or back sleeping. It is also very comfortable. I saw an immediate improvement in my AHI values when I started using it. If you google buckwheat chaff pillow you will find a lot of information and sources.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2017, 01:44 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Alta, have you tried using an ergonomic pillow or soft foam cervical collar?  Many people who experience a need for very high pressure due to sleep position can benefit from better alignment of the airway.  If you really need a machine capable of higher pressures, I would suggest the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto.  It is an auto bilevel machine with a fast auto pressure algorithm and a maximum pressure of 25.  From what I'm seeing, you could justify this to insurance based on your pressure requirements.  The Airsense 10 Auto CPAP may be useful, but is limited to 20 cm.

my DME set that machine to fixed values
could not get them to change it for me

an ASV will change without needing yet  another study to make the DME happy
Post Reply Post Reply
Please start a separate thread if you want to address your own subject that is different from the OPs.

Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Altasnowman, I understand how difficult it can be when you're on your own dime. Please try my suggestions to prevent airway obstruction first, and if you need more pressure, or a solution your current machine cannot provide, I have some very specific and affordable options in mind.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2017, 06:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Altasnowman, I understand how difficult it can be when you're on your own dime.  Please try my suggestions to prevent airway obstruction first, and if you need more pressure, or a solution your current machine cannot provide, I have some very specific and affordable options in mind.

+1  Sleeprider is very good at coming up with alternatives.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2017, 05:48 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Please start a separate thread if you want to address your own subject that is different from the OPs.

Regards,

PaytonA

my comment was spot on to his OP

the ASV will adjust to his pressure needs
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2017, 07:48 PM)xxyzx Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 05:48 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Please start a separate thread if you want to address your own subject that is different from the OPs.

Regards,

PaytonA

my comment was spot on to his OP

the ASV will adjust to his pressure needs

zzyzx,
The OP has said nothing about having central apnea, which is one reason why an ASV would be prescribed.  In the absence of CA, and the OP's need for higher pressures, then the recommendation of a bilevel would be "spot on."
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 139 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 263 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 698 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,674 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,986 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Resvent iBreeze 20A - any info? BadGoodDeb 7 1,572 06-27-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What info about you in on the SD card? Rockandroll 1 426 06-05-2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.