Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] need info ?
RE: need info ?
(04-17-2017, 07:48 PM)xxyzx Wrote: my comment was spot on to his OP

the ASV will adjust to his pressure needs

I'm very new and learning too, but I would think that you may be right, you may be wrong, OP may not need the magic kit the ASV provides, OP has only mentioned pressure, at this stage. Do you think he may do well on the simpler bipap/bilevel or auto bipap/bilevel.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
For side sleeping, consider placing inexpensive foam under the bottom sheet to provide some extra cushion (fabric store, possibly second hand store). You may want a bit extra cushion at the head, and between the shoulders and waist if there is much of a difference there.

Also, place a small pillow or fabric roll between your knees to prevent your pelvis from twisting.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2017, 08:30 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 07:48 PM)xxyzx Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 05:48 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Please start a separate thread if you want to address your own subject that is different from the OPs.

Regards,

PaytonA

my comment was spot on to his OP

the ASV will adjust to his pressure needs

zzyzx,
The OP has said nothing about having central apnea, which is one reason why an ASV would be prescribed.  In the absence of CA, and the OP's need for higher pressures, then the recommendation of a bilevel would be "spot on."

Exactly...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 131 20,278 12 minutes ago
Last Post: drwoodr
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 364 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 317 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 731 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 2,062 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Resvent iBreeze 20A - any info? BadGoodDeb 7 1,679 06-27-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What info about you in on the SD card? Rockandroll 1 445 06-05-2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.