Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] new to cpap ahi says 29 on dreamstation
new to cpap ahi says 29 on dreamstation
I have been using the dreamstation pro apap, i can only take around 4 hours of it before i take it off.
my sleep study says 8 apneas an hour 4 regular and 4 central.
the main concern was my spo2 level witch goes from 95% to 88% bouncing back and forth.
the dream station says i get 29 ahi's an hour, it also says that when i was testing it awake.
i am waiting for a sd card reader i ordered.
my spo2 has not changed still bouncing around.
so it looks like it makes me have more apnea's and does nothing for spo2.
i am waiting on my sd card reader before i start calling the doc.
will an asv cpap make any difference in spo2?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new to cpap ahi says 29 on dreamstation
awake breathing will normally give a high reading. You only count while you are asleep.
when you get the reader, if you post charts, the forum will help you get it as good as you can. As a first thing to do, I would turn off any flex. I would set the min and max 2 cm either side of the treatment pressure number the machine is showing. download the clinical manual for your machine from the top of the page.

if the low o2 is from obstructive or hypopnea, the cpap can fix that, if the low o2 is from centrals, there needs to be a back up breathing rate machine, an ASV is one of those.

This is just a big guess with no info to validate.
I would contact your doctor. It sounds like you are getting pressure induced central apnea. Given you were getting 4 centrals an hour with sleep study, You will probably still keep some centrals, even when this current eruption may subside within 12 weeks.
The insurance company will want you to have a titration sleep study, to show that another machine is needed.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi chicken,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
welcome, chicken. hope you can see your detailed info soon, since it can show how minor adjustments in pressure settings can help. sometimes xPAP technology cannot fix the O2 issues, and supplemental oxygen is prescribed.

But, maybe your problem is the "spo2 level witch". I think you should fire the witch, and then just have a nice sleep.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are taking it off because it is uncomfortable. Try wearing it while you are awake wathing tv or reading a book. I found that helped alot.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think my cpap is working for me.
i turned off flex and i set the minimum pressure to 8 max is 15, it was 5 to 15.
the cpap says i had 18 ahi witch is down from 28.
my oximeter says I had 16 spo2 drops low of 79%. from 12 sec. to 122 seconds long.
the oximeters chart looks the same with or without cpap.
my sd card reader should be here in 2 days, the only reason for the cpap was
to fix the spo2 levels.
I was wondering if the asv cpap would make any difference on spo2 levels?
Post Reply Post Reply
spo2 chart had cpap on for around 5 hours 20 min.
Post Reply Post Reply
you have some low o2 areas, can you post the sleepyhead chart of your machine, it is more important than the o2 reading for now.

missed the bit about not having a reader yet. You don't have a notebook/laptop that will take a sd card?
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
the dream station uses a micro sd card my macbook only has a regular sd card slot.
the card reader should be here monday.
i only have 8 apnea events per hour per sleep study 4 reg. and 4 central.
I had the surgery about 20 years ago for sleep apnea and was told it fixed it.
the doc. wants to see a strait line on the spo2 chart, reason I'm on cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
The odds are you are going to keep some centrals. Given you had 4 in the sleep study and the flar up may be the CA. I would go back to the doctor, he may want to do a titration study for an ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 807 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  12 volt battery adapter for Philips Respironics CPAP DreamStation Tech6 9 955 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Apneaway
  Unable to change my Dreamstation 2 CPAP settings mkorine1 5 5,048 05-21-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Jeff Rogers
  CPAP Athlete Dreamstation Settings pandaman13 28 3,291 01-27-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: pandaman13
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,533 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.