Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] new to cpap ahi says 29 on dreamstation
the doc. wanted me to do a second sleep study to set me up on a ASV but he said i could try the bipap and be set up in a week . it took around 3 months to get the bipap. they did not put any mask on me on my sleep study.
he did say central apnea could go way up with a bipap.
i was hoping to see better spo2 readings, could be from shallow breathing? 
so monday when i get my card reader ill post to see if i should still use the bipap.
Post Reply Post Reply
if the CA won't go away with cpap, it won't go away with bpap, neither treat CA. If you didn't have CA is the original sleep study, they are probably new user pressure induced, they can go away within 12 weeks
The insurance will want you to fail bpap anyway, before they will titrate for ASV, so you are a step closer.
For new auto cpap users. From machine data or sleepyhead, it is suggested to initially set the max CPAP pressure higher (1 or 2 cm) than the 95% pressure. The minimum a little lower than the median pressure. This will get you quickly into range. Fine tuning can be done from there, with the help of the forum.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2nd DreamStation with a Whistle? Should I get a different brand? Raven87 29 952 Yesterday, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Raven87
  Dreamstation SD Card rouxster 11 243 Yesterday, 08:12 AM
Last Post: rouxster
  Dreamstation-Logic Question bluemom51 5 137 07-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Last Post: DavePaulson
  DC power for Dreamstation? OMyMyOHellYes 1 117 07-19-2017, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed Mini vs Dreamstation Go SingerWang 5 807 07-19-2017, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Samelia
  Noise level of Respironics Dreamstation vs Resmed Airsense 10 scottlink96 59 10,769 07-18-2017, 04:29 PM
Last Post: ateeluck
  New Dreamstation-Please Help bluemom51 20 645 07-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea