Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] new to cpap ahi says 29 on dreamstation
RE: new to cpap ahi says 29 on dreamstation
the doc. wanted me to do a second sleep study to set me up on a ASV but he said i could try the bipap and be set up in a week . it took around 3 months to get the bipap. they did not put any mask on me on my sleep study.
he did say central apnea could go way up with a bipap.
i was hoping to see better spo2 readings, could be from shallow breathing? 
so monday when i get my card reader ill post to see if i should still use the bipap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: new to cpap ahi says 29 on dreamstation
if the CA won't go away with cpap, it won't go away with bpap, neither treat CA. If you didn't have CA is the original sleep study, they are probably new user pressure induced, they can go away within 12 weeks
The insurance will want you to fail bpap anyway, before they will titrate for ASV, so you are a step closer.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap from machine data, or software. Set the min pressure at 'med' median pressure or 90% OR 2cm below 95% pressure. max pressure at 20cm for now. Forum will help you fine tune settings
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation CPAP but no AHI information? jeffng 6 237 04-05-2019, 03:25 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  [Equipment] Can the DreamStation Auto CPAP detect central apneas? nbritton 1 221 01-07-2019, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  [Moving from Dreamstation CPAP to Resmed VPAP S/T] Need some help thibaulthib 107 3,467 10-29-2018, 07:21 PM
Last Post: thibaulthib
  [Equipment] Initial settings for new DreamStation, CPAP newbie Twisticles 11 764 07-18-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP jrespinoza 5 701 05-16-2018, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How To Factory Reset DreamStation Auto CPAP? ColoradoJAK 2 1,289 05-02-2018, 05:16 PM
Last Post: ColoradoJAK
  [Equipment] Problems with Auto CPAP with OA occurring at start of exhale - DreamStation robstanback 18 1,707 03-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.